James Collins

AngelGabriel

19 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Haha wtf, 5 week contract? haha, never seen that before

Agreed, but just think, in those 5 weeks he will probably make more than most people make in a year!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

24 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He started well at Villa and fell apart the same time everyone else did.

A centre half who can head the ball will be needed.

My abiding memory of Collins' first stint here was his enthusiasm to over-commit and rush out to meet the attacker in no man's land, leaving the space behind him exposed and prone to either the killer pass or space to run into if he's beaten in the resulting one on one.  He probably won't do as much of that this time around both because he's older and hopefully because he has learned not to.

• Like 1

Love this, not the signing, not the player, the fact we have convinced him to take a 5 week deal and maybe earn a 6 monther.

Years gone by we would have gave him a year deal on good wages ala Samba. No, these old **** should be honoured and bending over backwards to wind down their careers at a great club.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure Bruce thought that French center back was in the bag. Sending Elphick on loan with only 1 center back (Bruce saw Axel as a right back) was absolutely insane. 

Having Collins as an option is a lot better imo than forcing Hutton or Bree at center back. 

3 hours ago, BOF said:

My abiding memory of Collins' first stint here was his enthusiasm to over-commit and rush out to meet the attacker in no man's land, leaving the space behind him exposed and prone to either the killer pass or space to run into if he's beaten in the resulting one on one.  He probably won't do as much of that this time around both because he's older and hopefully because he has learned not to.

Isn't that what our current lot did on Tuesday?

Â