James Collins

AngelGabriel

Is that all the gingers out of the club?
:lol: Not that I've anything against them but as a statement of fact, yes, I believe it is.

I will do a man-wee when this is confirmed.

How West Ham fans are so happy with this signing is beyond me, considering how much they bemoaned Big Sam's style when he started I cant think of a defender who is going to buy into that more than Collins. He'll do well under Sam tbf but bloody hell are they going to have some dire football (and defending) to watch next season.

Is it sad that I'm as excited, if not more, about who we're getting rid of this summer than who we're bringing in?
I think it is, woody. I don't get the recent posts about Collins from a lot of people. He's not Paul McGrath, but for me he gave his best in the shirt. It always seems a shame when players are metaphorically shoved out the door by fans with a boot up their backside, on the way. He played for Aston Villa, which is a) an honour and B) something that unless the player concerned behaved appallingly kind of gives them a bit of kudos and respect in my book.

Some leave having never been remotely good enough, some having been excellent and most, somewhere between those two extremes.

Personally I wish him well.

Is it sad that I'm as excited, if not more, about who we're getting rid of this summer than who we're bringing in?
I think it is, woody. I don't get the recent posts about Collins from a lot of people. He's not Paul McGrath, but for me he gave his best in the shirt. It always seems a shame when players are metaphorically shoved out the door by fans with a boot up their backside, on the way. He played for Aston Villa, which is a) an honour and B) something that unless the player concerned behaved appallingly kind of gives them a bit of kudos and respect in my book.

Some leave having never been remotely good enough, some having been excellent and most, somewhere between those two extremes.

Agree with all of that.

I don't get the whole abuse thrown at him.

I think we're moving on to better things and i think collins will do well at a club that will like him.

Its a win for everyone involved.

We are certainly getting some big wages off the books this summer which is great

Collins 40k

Heskey 60k

Cuellar 40k

Jenas 40k

Makoun ?? 40k

Warnock ?? 40k

Thats a whopping £13.5M off the wage bill

Agree with all of that.

I don't get the whole abuse thrown at him.

I think we're moving on to better things and i think collins will do well at a club that will like him.

Its a win for everyone involved.

It's not meant as anything personal, I'm just really positive about a new era, and us getting a new defence in place.

I wish him well as well, I think despite most being happy he is moving on would do the same.

The problem is that Collins while not having behaved appallingly hasn't really behaved all that great in the last 2 seasons, there have been at least 3 drink related issues/stories. This coupled with his and the rest of the defences poor form leaves people thinking there has been an element of a lack of professionalism.

This combined with the whispers of bad influences in the dressing room has on top of his average form pretty much done for Collins in most fans eyes.

Combine that with the fact we seemingly need to sell him to sign a new defender that people presume/hope is better and it is I think easy to see why people are eager to see him depart.

Personally I would sooner see Dunne depart than Collins but I'm pleased to see Collins depart because it signals the end and start of something or at least I hope it does. It signals the end of one of what for 2 years has been just about the worse defence I've ever seen in our colours.

I wish Collins no ill, I hope he does okay in the remainder of his career but I can't pretend I'm not happy at his pending departure.

I wish him well as well, I think despite most being happy he is moving on would do the same.

The problem is that Collins while not having behaved appallingly hasn't really behaved all that great in the last 2 seasons, there have been at least 3 drink related issues/stories. This coupled with his and the rest of the defences poor form leaves people thinking there has been an element of a lack of professionalism.

This combined with the whispers of bad influences in the dressing room has on top of his average form pretty much done for Collins in most fans eyes.

Combine that with the fact we seemingly need to sell him to sign a new defender that people presume/hope is better and it is I think easy to see why people are eager to see him depart.

Personally I would sooner see Dunne depart than Collins but I'm pleased to see Collins depart because it signals the end and start of something or at least I hope it does. It signals the end of one of what for 2 years has been just about the worse defence I've ever seen in our colours.

I wish Collins no ill, I hope he does okay in the remainder of his career but I can't pretend I'm not happy at his pending departure.

Agree with this.

Â