James Collins

AngelGabriel

Shillz, I think this finally sends out the message, this is no longer a side of MON, Dunne is a harder sale than Collins hence why he's being sold IMO.

I wouldnt mind holding onto Dunne, as long as he buys into the new management regime, in which case I think he could have an important role to play, possibly even as captain. But we do need to get rid of the negativity that has hung over the club over the past 2 years, and if Dunne is still proving to be a distruptive individual, then it's best that he leaves aswell.

To that effect, I wouldn't be up in arms if several of our first team left, including Gabby (regrettably).

Why him playing will be a bonus, he'll be up for it no doubt however the amount of mistakes he makes for his positioning, but we will be playing a team of giants, a testing time on set pieces thats for sure!

EDIT: didn't see your other comment hahaha!

I bet the West Ham fans are gutted.. One second they were getting Ramis a player that could do some great things for them and now they are getting Collins a player that will be a liability in our game against them in a few weeks.

Hasn't had a great couple of years.

I always thought he was a player that cared when on the pitch but at the end of the day hasn't been good enough.

Superb his first season and looked like a steal.

Glad we are moving players on and bringing in better replacements.

Why him playing will be a bonus, he'll be up for it no doubt however the amount of mistakes he makes for his positioning, but we will be playing a team of giants, a testing time on set pieces thats for sure!

EDIT: didn't see your other comment hahaha!

He maybe up for it. But the fact he turns like an oil tanker and has awful positioning when he comes up against pace means I will be delighted if he plays against us.

Excellent news, thanks Richard.

I have no real knowledge of the players' mentalities, but I get a feeling that Collins was a bad influence on Dunne (as well as the rest of the squad). With this transfer, I can see Dunne being more disciplined, and I'd be happy for him to stay - whereas originally I said I'd like both to leave.

Great news, don't think he was as bad as people say, at the end of the day he's just an average Premier League centre back but we certainly should be doing better. Disappointed by his off the field antics though, really let the club down.

I dont actually think he's as bad as some on here making him out to be.

No I'd agree with that.

However he has been really poor for 18 months (at least) and worse than that he has appeared to have a pretty poor attitude in terms of his conduct.

He has been a key part of a simply woeful defence for 2 years so it is no surprise people are pleased to see him go.

Personally I'd rather it was Dunne but I'm not sorry to see him leave.

Most of all he was a constant dick off the pitch.

Was it not one incident?

And lets be fair you could understand why our defenders were not happy with how that season was going and the attitude shown by the manager at the time.

Its not an excuse but its hardly joey barton behaviour.

Â