James Collins

AngelGabriel

Well he did play for them from 2005-09.

In fairness he was one of the reasons they stayed up in 06/07 along with obviously Tevez but he was much more injury prone there than with us.

If Collins-Tomkins is going to be their first choice CB partnership they're going to be found out big time against teams with pace and movement.

I wonder if in fact the whole of last seasons' back four will go. Dunne, Warnock and Hutton will follow, it's just happened Collins was the first to go?

That it's not a decision on quality or being wanted by other clubs, just coincidental order, the first deal to get done.

Cuellar was first to go....and I thought he was shocking too! Seemed a really nice decent bloke, but never even looked like a footballer to me

Then it's already begun! :D

vlaar is most likely on half what collins was on, so if we paid 3.6m for him, and got 2.5m for collins, we'd have made up the shortfall on wages alone within a season

How much was Collins on PW.

Vlaar must be a tad annoyed if JC was on twice as much!!!

vlaar is most likely on half what collins was on, so if we paid 3.6m for him, and got 2.5m for collins, we'd have made up the shortfall on wages alone within a season

How much was Collins on PW.

Vlaar must be a tad annoyed if JC was on twice as much!!!

rumoured to be on between 45 and 50k a week was collins

vlaar would be unlikely to be on more than 25k based on the way we've been trying to reduce wages

in holland he'd probably have been on 15k max

I wish Collins well if he moves to the hammers or the black cats.

He wasn't a bad footballer and lets remember that his first season with Dunne under MON they were arguable one of the best pairs of CB's in the Premier League.

As they aged and got different managers in the post MON period both Collins and Dunne's performances were suspect. Without MON's discipline they seemed to have lacked direction. It was clear that neither of them liked Houiliers defence "system" and it showed.

Then in the void we endured Eck and it was difficult for both CB's because with the crowd jeering every touch of the ball and our game being somewhat clueless in the wake of selling off our best players, it would be no surprise if any of the CB's wanted to drown their sorrows.

To Dunne's credit, he hung in there and did his best to rally the troops and also appeal to the Holte End to get behind the team when he knew well enough we had a sinking ship.

I suspect that Dunne's position as a veteran and his influence in a good way on the younger players has been noticed by the new management team. Keeping Dunne because of reputation and also because of his age and contract makes sense financially.

Collins will do well back at West Ham and may well find that the change will help him play out a couple more seasons with a coach who philosophically is closer to Collins style of play.

Collins has looked awkward on the ball with Lamberts system and bringing in a player like Vlaar makes even more sense.

Dunne's football brain will work in his favour and if he can get his fitness levels up to where they need to be, no doubt he will have at least one more good season for us at B6.

Keeping Dunne at B6 also helps the two young CB's Clark and Baker. Those two could learn a lot from Richard Dunne.

James Collins, I wish you well and just dread watching you return to B6 with a corner kick heading in your direction with minutes left on the clock.

Even better JC, we'll meet you for a pint or two at the Gatecrasher the night before every game v WHU .

ROFLMAO I know he's getting on in years TrentVilla but despite his gaffe a game mode.. the bloke is still a decent footballer whether we happen to like him or not.

If he was really as bad as you think he is do you think PL would even have taken him on the US tour?

I think we will see Dunne a little more yet playing out his contract and there's nothing wrong with an old fashioned stopper. Having a veteran in the club house is valuable for any team. Mentors are needed to show the younger lads how to be a professional on and off the pitch.

Dunne for me is a better defender than Collins IMO, Collins is your rugged old CB, doesn't organise, his positional sense. One thing i'm glad is I sit in the Trinity and I had the unfortunate viewing of watching Grant throw the ball up to Collins and head the ball as high and far as he could. The other thing that pisses me off, was the fitness coach hold onto Warnock and Huttons shirts for them to run, anyway apart from the crap in the warm-ups at VP. Also seen a tweet that Collins was rumoured to be on 48k from a Times reporter which is absolutely ridiculous.

Also seen a tweet that Collins was rumoured to be on 48k from a Times reporter which is absolutely ridiculous.

I'll be surprised if he leaves if he's earning that much here.

Why not, he's not wanted and he's returning to London, more clubs, plus I'm pretty sure his missus is an Essex girl!

Â