James Collins

AngelGabriel

Thing is, if Collins hasn't asked for a move or handed in a transfer request we will pay out his last years wages. Sort of loyalty payment.

No we wont, he will have a loyalty bonus in his contract which we would have to pay out, for example Sidwell's was £1.5 million, but we don't have to pay up his wages for the year, that wouldn't make sense.

He did well for us at times and I just hope Vlaar turns out to be the improvement we all hope he will be.

Good luck James.

thats the key issue isn't it...

on his day Collins is a very useful defender...

superb in his first season, awful in his last year and a half, although i think he performed better than Dunne last year and there was still 2 or 3 games where he really stood out....

if Vlaar steps up to the plate and is an improvement then brilliant....

but we don't know that he will yet

Wast Ham fans are generally happy about this

Sad to see him go a little as he is a solid defender to be fair.

Solid in what sense? We had the worst organisation at set pieces, we conceded ridiculous amounts from corners, he couldn't pass for toffee. Very Solid that.

I think Collins gets a rough deal on here. He is/was nowhere near as poor as what people make out.

All imo, but i think he is a better centre half than Dunne.

Im also going to put my balls on the block and say Dunne was at fault for more goals than Collins last year.

Good news. He's had two stinking seasons on the bounce, thought he looked a liability, throw in the off field stuff his salary; surely he wasn't on 40k a week.

The writing was on the wall in MON's last season, kept trying to win balls he was never going to get to and the got horribly exposed, throw in his distribution which is atrocious. He looks ok throwing his body in the way of blocks but that's about it. Furthermore his aerial ability seemed to show a marked decline, when was his last goal, or looking like scoring, Herd really showed him up in this respect.

If we've got Vlaar in for a saving on salary very good business!

Wast Ham fans are generally happy about this

Sad to see him go a little as he is a solid defender to be fair.

Solid in what sense? We had the worst organisation at set pieces, we conceded ridiculous amounts from corners, he couldn't pass for toffee. Very Solid that.

I think Collins gets a rough deal on here. He is/was nowhere near as poor as what people make out.

All imo, but i think he is a better centre half than Dunne.

Im also going to put my balls on the block and say Dunne was at fault for more goals than Collins last year.

totally agree. i read somewhere that in terms of ea sports PPI points (blocked shots, headers etc) he was 2nd behind john terry for centre halfs last season so i dont think he is nearly as bad as he is made out to be. he was just a quarter of a horrendous back 4 last season and think in a sweeper role with another CB doing the running / ball work then he could be decent. unfortunatly with dunne by his side the pair are a liability. thanks for the efforts james

Â