Alan Hutton

Rich_D

18 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

guess we'll never know but 3 is better than 1 i guess and expect some of the under 21/23 would have maybe benefitted from training with people like Hutton/Whelan. Sure they might not be world beaters but they are hard working pros & seemed to be good guys as far as attitude/team spirit went. The 2 of them combined for about half of what we were paying mccormack not to be anywhere near the squad would have seemed like a gamble worth taking

I can see it now. The stories they could tell.

Bildresultat för grandpa simpson lemon tree

• Haha 1

He's Aston villas decade summed up in a player

Started off not good enough for us ended up one of our better players 

There were too many games where he was genuinely our best attacking player 

Talked to him on the pitch after the friendly at Stourport a few years back, nice bloke, surprisingly tall 

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I still can't figure out what gave him the confidence to think "**** it, I'll  take 'em all on".

Other than the guy 5 yards in front of him there isn't a pass on ;)

One of the best / fondest villa goals in recent memory "he only scored cos there was no movement for him" 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

All the best Alan. Always gave 100'% in  a dark era for Villa.  I will never forget that you stayed on at Villa after the play offs when administration could well have been a possibility. The blues goal was legendary.  

Except for when he had to track bac...no, no, I'll leave it.

Good luck in the next venture Alan

• Like 1

On 19/02/2020 at 14:45, rodders0223 said:

Still the fastest 35 year old white man in world football.

A few current Premier League players at the moment younger than Hutton he could outrun (not just Drinkwater 😉

Â