Alan Hutton

Rich_D

He was the subject of one of the wittiest comments I’ve ever read on the internet, I’m sure it was on here too.

It was during the England versus Scotland game years back and Alan was having a blinder at full back, someone then said “it’s Hutton dressed as Lahm”
:crylaugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 19/02/2020 at 21:26, Londonastonvilla said:

My second favourite moment of his was also in the sha game where he tried to tackle 2 of them at the same time and still won the ball.

Always seemed to give 110% and looked like he cared even when things were pretty bleak.

About 3 minutes into the video. Cracking tackle

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

He's on the panel on BT sports goals coverage. Good on him.  Talks far better than many of the knobs they normally have.  Is this new or has he been on a while? I don't usually watch that show 

• 11 months later...
On 27/11/2022 at 07:07, rodders0223 said:

I still don't understand how that tramp in goal couldn't get down to that wildly telegraphed and soft shot into the goal but hey.

I have a conspiracy theory, not about that goal, but Grealish's goal at St Andrew's after his was punched.

The way the Sha players stood off him and just let him shoot it's as though they all decided at half time they would let him score.

https://www.facebook.com/avfcofficial/videos/otd-2019-birmingham-city-0-1-aston-villa/983290015401039/

Starts at 1:06

6 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I have a conspiracy theory, not about that goal, but Grealish's goal at St Andrew's after his was punched.

The way the Sha players stood off him and just let him shoot it's as though they all decided at half time they would let him score.

https://www.facebook.com/avfcofficial/videos/otd-2019-birmingham-city-0-1-aston-villa/983290015401039/

You credit them with human decency. 

Are you feeling unwell? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 01/12/2022 at 02:01, TheAuthority said:

giphy.gif

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I just never get sick of watching that goal, he was a limited player no doubt, but got far too much stick imo as he always gave his all.

Treated poorly more than once but still did everything he could til the end of his contract.

He deserved an iconic moment.... 

Old news but one that really got my goat.

He didn't give us all. He'd sprint 70 yards up the pitch. We'd turnover possession and he'd stand there.

• 3 months later...
45 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

surprised no one has mentioned this today. The guys at claret and blue podcast have really stepp up their game in the last year or so. This is a great watch. Sounded like he wanted to talk for even longer 

Came here to post that.

Fantastic listen. Quality person is Alan Hutton. Excellent interview. Well worth your time just for some of the behind the scenes stuff that goes on

• Like 3

Â