Alan Hutton

Rich_D

He is just not good enough and there's often very little end product after he's run the length of the pitch and left us totally exposed down our right side. 

It is definitely time to stop picking him and play either De Laet or Bree. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wezbid said:

I've defended Hutton a decent amount but Bree and RdL are the way forward, Hutton did play better last session than some will give him credit for but he's struggling more and more in his defensive duties. His legs can't match his enthusiasm. I think most fans would settle for a slightly less gung-ho right back in exchange for not getting cross after cross coming in from our right hand side. I think he did earn his place last season and obviously triggered a new deal but it doesn't mean we have to play him when the competition for his place are putting in a performance. He could easily find a starting place at another Championship club at RB but we have little need for him now. I won't slate him like many have but I do think we should concentrate on RdL and Bree. 

A fair post IMO. 

13 hours ago, Wezbid said:

I've defended Hutton a decent amount but Bree and RdL are the way forward, Hutton did play better last session than some will give him credit for but he's struggling more and more in his defensive duties. His legs can't match his enthusiasm. I think most fans would settle for a slightly less gung-ho right back in exchange for not getting cross after cross coming in from our right hand side. I think he did earn his place last season and obviously triggered a new deal but it doesn't mean we have to play him when the competition for his place are putting in a performance. He could easily find a starting place at another Championship club at RB but we have little need for him now. I won't slate him like many have but I do think we should concentrate on RdL and Bree. 

His contract is up at the end of the season. He should either be played in cups and/or when there is an injury crisis in the cup/on the bench.

I love Alan to bits, however the Norwich win really highlighted to me what a weak link he can be.

RDL was impressive, Bree is growing.

Whenever and wherever he goes I hope we give him the respect he deserves and wish him well.

One thing you can never say about him is that his heart isn't in it.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

His contract is up at the end of the season. He should either be played in cups and/or when there is an injury crisis in the cup/on the bench.

I love Alan to bits, however the Norwich win really highlighted to me what a weak link he can be.

RDL was impressive, Bree is growing.

Whenever and wherever he goes I hope we give him the respect he deserves and wish him well.

One thing you can never say about him is that his heart isn't in it.

Well put. Hutton has been nothing short of a true professional and should never be slated for that. However he is, as you say, a weak link and I believe his time here as a starter should be up.

If we can't sell he should be third choice in the pecking order for RB. Even if our other choices aren't miles ahead they're bigger prospects.

Edited by osmark86
  • Like 1

I hope, that when all is said and done.. When little old Hutton leaves Bodymoor Heath for the last time.. Walking out down the long drive on a beautiful sunset evening.. That Steve Bruce sets a **** bear trap for him to step on, and once stepped on, Calderwood jumps out of a near by bush with a shotgun to end his misery.

And even then, it would only be a tiny bit like the pain and frustration he has given me over the last seemingly 65 million years. 

I joke, but I want him to leave once his contracts up.  Enough is enough. 

• Haha 2

I did not see much last night that suggest that Bree or RdL (one nice cross) are a better choice  at the moment than Hutton at right back, indeed they played much better when each played centre half,

Hutton will start against Bristol Friday

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, tismyk said:

I did not see much last night that suggest that Bree or RdL (one nice cross) are a better choice  at the moment than Hutton at right back, indeed they played much better when each played centre half,

Should have gone to spec savers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, tismyk said:

Agreed. If Hutton had defended like De Leat did for the goal (albeit at an unfamiliar cb position) last night he would have been heavily criticised, yet its barely been mentioned in the De Leat thread.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Agreed. If Hutton had defended like De Leat did for the goal (albeit at an unfamiliar cb position) last night he would have been heavily criticised, yet its barely been mentioned in the De Leat thread.

Hutton has considerable form for poor play. De Laet was generally far more effective than Hutton has been. 

3 hours ago, meregreen said:

Hutton has considerable form for poor play. De Laet was generally far more effective than Hutton has been. 

I'm not defending Hutton fully as he has been awful at times (especially Saturday). I just don't think De Leat is much of an improvement 

13 hours ago, tismyk said:

I ever went on Tuesday so can't judge RDL or Bree off of those performances but honestly I don't need to as I've seen Hutton for years and he's never been great and thus season has been a big liability. He did ok v Hull but has been awful in the 3 games after and has cost us goals already this season. We need better. I've seen his so I know the other 2 can't be worse so give either the chance to prove themselves. Virtually every manager has tried to replace Hutton but and I commend him .on this he sticks around and tries but this isn't Sunday League where you play people cause they turn up every week. 

18 hours ago, tismyk said:

I totally disagree with the quoted post. RDL will start vs Bristol if he's fit enough. Hutton getting hooked immediately after his mistake on Saturday was very telling)

Â