Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Well Stoke is going to change their whole playstyle, so technically they won`t be be "stoke" anymore. That`s why Pulis got fired

Why are people so sure of that? Hughes is hardly the most progressive manager around, although granted he is slightly more progressive than Pulis.

I'm not entirely convinced Hughes is about Stoke changng their playing style, not immediately anyway. Pulis was getting stale and the performance of his team was steadily declining from season to season, maybe they thought a new face would freshen things up and stop the slow slide down the table, regardless of playing style.

IIRC there were rumours about the owner being fed up with certain (technically gifted) players being left on the bench (hmm highly paid reserves, why does that sounds familiar). So it's possible.

But if I were an owner looking for progressive football, Hughes certainly wouldn't be on my list.

Well Stoke is going to change their whole playstyle, so technically they won`t be be "stoke" anymore. That`s why Pulis got fired

Hutton's bad tackles would have fit perfectly into Hughes' Blackburn team as well.

I think that's what they say to the press but in reality they know they have to play that way to stay in the league. If they tried to do a Wigan they would just fail miserably and Hughes has always setup his side as a battling, aggressive long ball kind of side. The only club/nation he didn't do that in he ended up putting together one of the worst runs in PL history.

I don't really rate him as a manager but I think if he does as well as Pulis he'd of done a good job.

Played very well tonight, fair play to him.

Good news for us I reckon as can see a few prem and championship clubs looking at that and bidding for him in the next few weeks.

I'd be happy with a Hutton-Russell Martin swop and sending Norwich 2m or something.

Played very well tonight, fair play to him.

Good news for us I reckon as can see a few prem and championship clubs looking at that and bidding for him in the next few weeks.

I'd be happy with a Hutton-Russell Martin swop and sending Norwich 2m or something.

Doubt Martin would leave Norwich where he is first choice and CC to be 2nd fiddle here

Edited by StefanAVFC

Im not a fan of Martin. He has looked a bit cack whenever I have seen him.

Hutton played well tonight, certainly not the worst Scottish player we have got

Been removed from the site? No picture and not on the list of players? (On mobile site)....

Probs nothing but, is something about to be announced?

Did you see him on the site after he went for lone though ?!

Maybe they didn't put him back and he's most likely to move ..

Â