Alan Hutton

Rich_D

I wasn't too sure about why he'd been offered a contract so soon after returning to the lineup, but I suppose it shows that Lamborghini never doubted his ability, but he would play him genuinely for financial reasons. He has been a model pro throughout his bomb squad days, so it's logical to think he is rated by the manager and staff. He could have been a real baby about it, but he's just got on with things.

Just get Delph signed, I'm not even that fussed on Vlaar at the moment, just get Delph signed.

I'll be honest I was not a fan at all of hutton under mccleish. Wasn't happy when he was re integrated in the side but have been glad to be proved wrong. Love a full back who makes the wingers scared of going near them and his forward bursts have dramatically improved. Hope he keeps it up and he will become a fan favourite by far.

I'll be honest I was not a fan at all of hutton under mccleish. Wasn't happy when he was re integrated in the side but have been glad to be proved wrong. Love a full back who makes the wingers scared of going near them and his forward bursts have dramatically improved. Hope he keeps it up and he will become a fan favourite by far.

He was totally useless under McLeish. And now he's absolutely great. Baffling, but we'll take it.

I think the way he has conducted himself since we put him in " solitary confinement" is remarkable.

when you see/hear some clubs players whinging at jack s**t.....this guy has a remarkable constitution.

Edited by TRO

He was totally useless under McLeish. And now he's absolutely great. Baffling, but we'll take it.

I think his time out of the team has helped him massively.

I guess it's possible that he'd started cruising. He was playing regularly at a big club and maybe he just wasn't that bothered anymore.

Then the bomb squad exclusion maybe made him sit up and think "actually I'm in danger of spiralling into nowhere here" and cleaned his act up.

All assumptions by me, not basing that on any hard evidence. I'm also not saying this is what Lambert planned all along. I think he genuinely would have sold HUtton if we'd had a decent offer. BUt I think it's worked, even if it's purely by accident

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Â