Cats...

wiggyrichard

Love them or loathe them?  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Love them or loathe them?

• Love, they're so cute & cuddly!
    • They're shite & should be considered vermin!

You're going to have 7 cats? Or are those different animals?

I currently have 3 (2 are mine, and a stray seems to have adopted me), I don't think I  could handle anymore.

I have hated every cat I've ever met until my boyfriends dad had a stray refuse to leave their house a couple of years ago. Fattest hairiest cat I've ever seen, he gets fed well there and goes wondering in the night where I'm sure he gets fed by someone else as well because at last vet visit he was 17 pounds. His next visit is coming up and to save them having the vet lecture I've offered to help them take a couple of pounds off him by getting creative.

fa675d68a8b157aae7eff3dbf24f0e63.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

How has this thread hit 20 pages!!!!!!!!! :trollface:

Maybe it's because there's absolutely nowhere else on the whole internet that has anything about Cats?

• Like 2

Don't actually have any pets but if I did it would be a cat. . Dogs are all evil and should be exterminated except for working dogs.  And they should be worked harder the nasty little bleeders 

Edited by sidcow

I don't get this strange polarisation. I like cats, but I don't hate dogs. I'm a little bit scared of them though, unless they are exceptionally friendly and well behaved. They are just too high maintenance, and as I've said before, the absolute deal breaker is picking up their shit. Never, no way, no how. 

But there's a separate thread for dogs.

Edited by mjmooney

You know how you can't stand the stupid person at the office who brown noses the boss pathetically, who has to react to every suggestion in an overtly negative or positive way and then requires loads of work and attention just to keep them happy? They make a noise all day over everything and don't just chill the f*ck out. That's the dog.

On the other side of the room is the self sufficient person who couldn't give a crap about what's going on unless it effects them directly. They don't require any attention but will appreciate it when someone pays them a compliment (as long as you don't go overboard). As long as the respect is mutual, they will work well with you and strike up a solid friendship. That's the cat.

I don't like stupid, loud, annoying attention seekers at work. So I don't look for that in a pet at home! A dog is so stupid it does tricks and panders to get the exact same rewards a cat does. A dog is so stupid it can't even go for a walk, get clean or even sort out its own sh*t without help from a human. A dog is so stupid it reacts to the postman even though he comes to the house at the same time every day. A dog is stupid.

Yeah, I might be a cat person... I can respect independence, cynicism and laziness far more than stupidity!

• Like 3

A couple of Pratchett quotes on cats...

'In ancient times, cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this'

'If cats looked like frogs we'd realise what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember'.

Suffice to say the man liked cats. Even if he could notice their flaws... he describes a cat in one of his books as 'a scarred ball of inventive malignancy'.

• Like 2

Our cat sits outside bashing the front door like the SPG are entering a terrorists living room and then you open the door and he sits there all nonchalant like  , has a good stretch , licks his butt and then wanders in after he feels he's made you wait long enough  ....  If dogs could master that rather than acting like me when I see naked lesbians on the TV then they might have a shot at ruling the world but until then cats are still masters of the universe     

• Like 3

12 hours ago, ThisCouldBeRotterdam said:

I have hated every cat I've ever met until my boyfriends dad had a stray refuse to leave their house a couple of years ago. Fattest hairiest cat I've ever seen, he gets fed well there and goes wondering in the night where I'm sure he gets fed by someone else as well because at last vet visit he was 17 pounds. His next visit is coming up and to save them having the vet lecture I've offered to help them take a couple of pounds off him by getting creative.

fa675d68a8b157aae7eff3dbf24f0e63.jpg

LOL!

13 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I don't get this strange polarisation. I like cats, but I don't hate dogs. I'm a little bit scared of them though, unless they are exceptionally friendly and well behaved. They are just too high maintenance, and as I've said before, the absolute deal breaker is picking up their shit. Never, no way, no how. 

But there's a separate thread for dogs.

Same. 

I prefer dogs but I still like Cats.

Might get one in the near future actually. Would prefer a dog, but living/working arrangements mean it would be unfair. A cat will be a nice compromise.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Same. 

Might get one in the near future actually. Would prefer a dog, but living/working arrangements mean it would be unfair. A cat will be a nice compromise.

One of each would be ideal. They usually get along fine if brought up together. 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

One of each would be ideal. They usually get along fine if brought up together. 

I would love that. But like I said, currently a dog wouldn't be feasible.

In the future it'll definitely happen though. A Husky for a dog and a blue cat.

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Same. 

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I really want to rescue a retired racing Greyhound. Really serene, beautiful dogs who never bark much or bite people, despite having been mistreated.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I really want to rescue a retired racing Greyhound. Really serene, beautiful dogs who never bark much or bite people, despite having been mistreated.

Troo, dat. I know people who've adopted retired racing greyhounds, and they're lovely. 

Â