Cats...

wiggyrichard

Love them or loathe them?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Love them or loathe them?

• Love, they're so cute & cuddly!
    • They're shite & should be considered vermin!

A few months ago one of mine brought in a tiny black baby bird, so young it didn't even have feathers on it. Physically unharmed but the poor thing was in shock and wouldn't move. I put it in a box in the airing cupboard to keep warm for twenty minutes and he was hopping around a little bit, so I put the box out in the garden and waited.

A few birds circled over but wouldn't come down, and my cats were going mental trying to get their toy back. I was just wondering whether to call some kind of bird protection group when a crow came swooping down and picked it up, then flew off :) 

1 hour ago, Xann said:

El Git's response to be being put on diet food has been to litter the area around his cat flap with rodent corpses.

Those are actually thank you gifts

37 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Those are actually thank you gifts

I've always suspected that might be a myth, I don't know why.

When I was a kid our cat brought a cooked roast chicken home. I really hope that whoevers chicken that was is still confused to this day.

• Like 1

Our cat, Honey, followed us out for a walk on the weekend. We live about 10/11 houses down from the Bumble Hole entrance in Netherton, she followed us all the way to there, meowed, then disappeared into the trees.

Took her ages to come back. Don't think she's ever ventured that far before. Probably got lost.

35 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Our cat, Honey, followed us out for a walk on the weekend. We live about 10/11 houses down from the Bumble Hole entrance in Netherton, she followed us all the way to there, meowed, then disappeared into the trees.

Took her ages to come back. Don't think she's ever ventured that far before. Probably got lost.

Are you the "arsehole near bumblehole" then?

:lol:  :P 

A stray cat has been sleeping on and off in a corner on our porch. So my kids put a old pillow there and now it returns every day. I kinda like it. No mice in the traps in the garage anymore.

Now for a name (male). VT to the rescue?

Just now, Tegis said:

A stray cat has been sleeping on and off in a corner on our porch. So my kids put a old pillow there and now it returns every day. I kinda like it. No mice in the traps in the garage anymore.

Westwood because it sounds a right pussy ;) 

(Westwood bashing seems to be flavour of the month so why not?!?)

1 hour ago, Tegis said:

Aww take him in!

5 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I couldn't be bothered to make tiny plaster casts, so I had to suffocate the poor thing.

My two 'best' mouse executions were with a cornflake box and a thrown bottle of fairy liquid.

• 4 weeks later...

Reggie update- He's not doling out the charms like he was the first week there...but he still makes time twice a day to flop down on my lap and demand a belly rub. His world has expanded to include my back hallway and my porch, where I moved his litter box. I set things up so he has a 4 level climbing arrangement. He's content to sit out there and watch the world go by outside. To a limit. He will want two regular meals, thank you very much, and preferably with a couple of snacks along the way. The rest of the time he's chasing things, jumping around, hiding behind plants and then pouncing on me, generally spazzing out. And then there's times like now, when he's curled up in a deep slumber. Easy Street has got to be a nice place to be.

• Like 3

Â