Cats...

wiggyrichard

Love them or loathe them?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Love them or loathe them?

• Love, they're so cute & cuddly!
    • They're shite & should be considered vermin!

Since the Missus and I got together, every single one of our pets; cats, dogs, birds have had "human" names that all end with Y

Daisy (Cat)

Kasey (Dog)

Charley (Cat)

Humphrey (Cat)

Melody (Bird)

Godfrey (Bird)

Murphy (Cat)

Daphney (Cat)

Stanley (Bird)

Rosey (Bird)

Beverley (Bird)

Since the Missus and I got together, every single one of our pets; cats, dogs, birds have had "human" names that all end with Y

Daisy (Cat)

Kasey (Dog)

Charley (Cat)

Humphrey (Cat)

Melody (Bird)

Godfrey (Bird)

Murphy (Cat)

Daphney (Cat)

Stanley (Bird)

Rosey (Bird)

Beverley (Bird)

4b64c79fdd0ec1d2_cat-lady.gif

• Like 1

Cats used to do that to my dog all the time. I like you disliked cats for many moons but now I couldn't live without them.

Two days ago, my cat went out into the neighbours garden. The neighbour has a large dog that is penned most of the day and as a result barks. June (my cat) decided that it would be great to perch on the edge of the shed roof in full sight of the dog and have a clean. The dog was not happy. It was made better as I had a good view of this going on from my bedroom window. I felt sorry for the dog but it did make me laugh. 

Daisy went to live with Grandma about 400kms away about 10 years ago - she's still going...

Kasey lost a leg to cancer in 2012 and then went to live on a farm with a bunch of other physically challenged animals...

Charley went missing in 2008, presumed dead...

Humphrey, Charley's son got hit by a car in 2010, cremated, and is now in a box on a shelf...

Melody the canary was looked after by our neighbour while we were on holiday in 2014, and decided to stay...

Godfrey the canary died around mid 2014...

Stanley the budgie was brought home by Murphy from an unknown destination in 2012 , nursed back to health, and died about 12 months later...

Rosey the budgie died in 2013...

Beverley the budgie fell of her perch soon after Rosey...

• Like 1

Daisy went to live with Grandma about 400kms away about 10 years ago - she's still going...

Kasey lost a leg to cancer in 2012 and then went to live on a farm with a bunch of other physically challenged animals...

Charley went missing in 2008, presumed dead...

Humphrey, Charley's son got hit by a car in 2010, cremated, and is now in a box on a shelf...

Melody the canary was looked after by our neighbour while we were on holiday in 2014, and decided to stay...

Godfrey the canary died around mid 2014...

Stanley the budgie was brought home by Murphy from an unknown destination in 2012 , nursed back to health, and died about 12 months later...

Rosey the budgie died in 2013...

Beverley the budgie fell of her perch soon after Rosey...

:crylaugh:

I spat out some cherry bakewell flapjack at that :(

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

My sister and nephew's cat Han Solo looks like he's on his way out. Labored (sorry Tony) breathing, lethargic, stopped grooming himself...Vet thinks he's got a tumor...big money to even roll the dice, so it's probably time to start saying our goodbyes.

He's a little legend of a cat. Never had his balls clipped, so he used to go on week long treks looking for pussy, and he'd come back scratched and clawed up, but quite pleased with himself. Never doled out the charms willy nilly, you had to have patience. But once he decided to lay on your lap, it was worth the wait. Big purr ball.

So now he's pretty much an indoor cat, lying around breathing funny. He wouldn't like it if we felt bad for him, so I won't. He had a good run, living on his own cat terms.

• Like 4

• 6 months later...
On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2015 at 03:59, PriceyDownunder said:

every single one of our pets; cats, dogs, birds have had "human" names that all end with Y

Y! Oh. Why?

Â