Cats...

wiggyrichard

Love them or loathe them?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Love them or loathe them?

• Love, they're so cute & cuddly!
    • They're shite & should be considered vermin!

• 2 weeks later...
On September 22, 2016 at 09:05, tonyh29 said:

Might not have been in this thread but I told before about how my cat of 21 years Bart died a few years back and how this new cat suddenly turned up on our doorstep a few months later  ... when we traced the owner , it turned out this cat was also called Bart ... No matter how many times I took this cat back to its owner  a few streets away , he kept coming back to us , to the point we adopted him (with the owners consent) 

He was a rescue cat , had half a tail and a metal plate where he had been run over , but he was still a sprightly little fella , and all the neighbours loved him ... few months back he'd developed  a few breathing issues and his heart rate was a little abnormal   , medication hadn't cured it , so we took him info an X-ray today  .... sadly he died whilst under the anaesthetic ... gutted  , only had him a  couple of years but the kids adored him  , not looking forward to having to tell them tonight :(

this was the day he turned up at our house and the first time we saw him  .... later that night he climbed along the fence ,onto the garage roof , jumped from there to the porch roof and then in through our bedroom window  ..cheeky bugger :)

IMG_6372.JPG

IMG_6375.JPG

great pics, sorry you lost him. he looked like a character

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My mum absolutely loves cats and all the cats in the street seem to know it too. They all come round for food and some of them even sleep in her house. She only has one of her own now as she has lost three of the others over the last few years. She must of had six black cats in her lifetime. 

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

I love cats, always had them since being a kid. Had dogs too which I loved but now I'm grown up working and with kids and busy life etc... cats are just perfect. All of my three cats are so loyal and loving. 

Ive always found it weird when people say they don't like cats, I usually ask if they've ever had one? The answer is always no, thing is cats are completely different with their owners than with strangers. To strangers they seem aloof, arrogant and unfriendly. They're really not though once you have their trust. 

I know a few people that hated cats, my wife and step children for a start. They absolutely love our cats now. Seen it happen loads of times. 

Cats rock! 

Cats are so much easier, especially when you have a busy life with work and kids. I know a bloke who tries to run over cats because he hates them. Don't see how anyone can be so cruel like that.

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I have absolutely no hesitation in saying I'd value a cat's life over his, and I hope he gets hit by a bus. 

Must admit he's not the nicest of people regarding other people's lives and towards certain animals. He even said once if a kid ran into the road he wouldn't try to break because it would be the kids own fault. Imo that's bullshit but to even say that is pretty shameful.

14 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Cats are so much easier, especially when you have a busy life with work and kids. I know a bloke who tries to run over cats because he hates them. Don't see how anyone can be so cruel like that.

Sounds like he needs to be crossing the road as I'm on my way out, ooops sorry mate didn't see ya, ya word removed.

• Like 1

My cat brought in a mouse the other day and had managed to break it's two back legs but do little other damage.

Watching that mouse drag it's body around our hall, with it's legs behind it like it had lost it's partner in a wheel barrow race, it was one of the saddest thing I've ever seen.

I couldn't be bothered to make tiny plaster casts, so I had to suffocate the poor thing.

Â