Cats...

wiggyrichard

Love them or loathe them?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Love them or loathe them?

• Love, they're so cute & cuddly!
    • They're shite & should be considered vermin!

It might have been a territorial thing, either that or the dog is just super-aggressive. It doesn't mean he wanted to eat the kid, necessarily.

I love cats,all cats, in fact I have $20 a month taken out of my bank account and donated to Perth cat haven.I have been doing this for about 7 years now.

Its great bieng owned by a cat.

• Like 2

Hehe, that's kinda what it feels like with my cat. He does whatever he wants, and when he wants to play, get food or tummy rubs he simply stares me down until I give in. If I somehow manage to ignore his stare, he starts meowing in the saddest of ways.

It might have been a territorial thing, either that or the dog is just super-aggressive. It doesn't mean he wanted to eat the kid, necessarily.

Aggressive and territorial dog, clearly. And it most likely did not want a meal, but he wanted that kid dead. 

Hero cat indeed.

My parents have just taken in 2 more cats from the cats protection league. They're up to 5 now. I'm warming to cats now

There's clear nothing happening in the world today… 5Live's news have talked about nothing but the bloody cat scares off dog story from across the pond for the last 2 hours and now I've come home to see it… its a complete anticlimax.

Its just pure animal instinct not some uber brave and clever feline as the news simpletons would have had me believe.

Well, yes and no. The whole 'brave and clever' thing would be dubious anthropomorphism. 

But it was nonetheless uncharacteristic behaviour for most cats, therefore newsworthy. 

As maqroll says, cats vary in intelligence and affabilty just as much as dogs and people. We used to have a tremendous cat that had no fear of dogs at all, and was absolutely devoted to our kids. I have no doubt that he would have done the same in that situation.

On the other hand, our current cat is more typically timid, and I'm damn sure he wouldn't, he'd run like hell in the opposite direction. 

• Like 1

I see in the paper some sick bastards have attacked a cat because it looks like hitler(serious). I hope the bastards die of a slow painful death.

Yeah a Swedish friend of mine on FB posted it there (yes she's blonde, yes she's fit).

The cat has had one of its eyes kicked out by the looks, but seems to be making a recovery.

Shame they can't put the perps in one of Hitler's lovely "holiday camps".

My parents have just taken in 2 more cats from the cats protection league. They're up to 5 now. I'm warming to cats now

I just skim read your post as your parents cats "are up to 5th in the Protection League". I was thinking, is that one below the Ryman League?  :)

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 3

Started a new game with Parma. Holy shit, they have a big squad to start with. At the start of the 2nd season when all the loanees came back the club's salary expenses doubled, and I spent hour after hour selling and releasing 240 players!!!!

First season started off okish, but had a great run towards the end and finished 4th. Italy only get's 3 CL spots so we only qualified for Europa league.

2nd season started rather poorly, but again went on a few great runs, including one with 13 wins in a row.

3 games left of the seasons and I was on points with Juve for the title, in the Europa League and TIM cup final. Then it all went horribly wrong. All my strikers went into goal drought mode, moral came crashing down, red cards and injuries left and right.

Finished 3rd and lost both finals. BAH!

I'm thinking this will be a journeyman career of sorts. So, if I get an interesting job offer I'll be off.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

I went to the Kitty Cafe in Nottingham the other week, it was pretty excellent. Two little kittens they had inparticular were raucous good fun, chasing after eachother along the walkway that is about 8 feet or so above the floor. One of them fell off, it was funny, a lday screamed. He was OK though.

Â