Nathan Baker

AVFC-Prideofbrum

I've always liked Baker.

He had the misfortune of playing infront of an ever worsening Guzan, alongside poor defenders a midfield that gave him no protection, managers who were shit and an owner and management setup that didnt have a clue.

I think we are finally seeing the potential coming through, I hope his ceiling isnt Ch and he develops enough to perform in the PL.

I regret us selling Clark as I think he was a victim of the same shite.

The real advantage we lost by selling Clark was the training ground injuries that could have meant less playing time for Hutton Westwood & Gaby.

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

In my opinion, he's a Premier League player, one thing he does lack is pace which I think is vital at the top level, it's the only thing he does lack

Some of the best defenders have lacked pace. Its not as important a reading of the game and positioning.

• Like 1

On 19/12/2016 at 16:49, Nigel said:

Some of the best defenders have lacked pace. Its not as important a reading of the game and positioning.

Edit- I agree, don't know what I was thinking, everyone is different, it's what makes life so beautiful 

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

I've always liked Baker.

He had the misfortune of playing infront of an ever worsening Guzan, alongside poor defenders a midfield that gave him no protection, managers who were shit and an owner and management setup that didnt have a clue.

Yep, this is it for me. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

he is so crucial and has only started in 2 of our defeats this season and one was a Gollini error and he came off half time vs Luton

my player of the season after 23 games

If we had 4 Bakers in the back line we would have to change our name to The Vikings!

............or the Bakers :ph34r:

I agree with all the praise, he has done his job very well this season, so i know I'm nitpicking now but I'd like him to be a little more composed.

Every contribution seems to end in row z. Now as i say in nitpicking here, i like defenders to take a safety first aproach rather than a John Stones aproach. But there were a few times yesterday when he flew into a challenge and headed a ball into touch when i felt he could have directed it to a team mate in close proximity. 

Nt. 

I'm drunk, so apologies if none of that makes sense 

Â