Nathan Baker

AVFC-Prideofbrum

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Elphick plays OK with Baker. Chester plays OK with Baker. Chester and Elphick are awful together. really nothing to argue about in my view. our best defender

For me, Chester and Baker should be our first choice centre back partnership with Chester as captain

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Elphick startEd well but since that game on TV think it was wolves, when he made that huge blunder he has been pretty hopeless

Think it was Newcastle, OG + awful ball control leading to Gayle 1 on 1 with keeper

2 hours ago, pintpotvilla said:

Think it was Newcastle, OG + awful ball control leading to Gayle 1 on 1 with keeper

Yeah that's the one.  He was dreadful in tht game and since then he has been garbage. For me one thing I won't understand, you have been out the team for a while you get your chance due to injury yet you continue to play pathetic.

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Elphick plays OK with Baker. Chester plays OK with Baker. Chester and Elphick are awful together. really nothing to argue about in my view. our best defender

Would suggest he is quietly the most stable for sure.

• Like 1

He's 25 years old now, I think he is a quality defender now, it's taken him a long time to come through. He's always been outstanding in the air, I saw it from when he was 16 years old in the reserve side. I think he has improved vastly on the deck, he is becoming the complete defender in my opinion, definitely a Premier League one. I've never met him but always strikes me as being a nice guy off the field too

27 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he has improved vastly on the deck, he is becoming the complete defender in my opinion, definitely a Premier League one. I've never met him but always strikes me as being a nice guy off the field too

Playing at Bristol City last season I think really helped him improve as a footballer, but I still don't see him as Prem quality. Time will tell if and when we get promoted whether he can still get in the side and look convincing.

Lots of questions surrounding his ability as a top defender, or even an all-rounder. But for me he's one of the first names on the team sheet this season and one of the last players we need to replace and that's all we need to know at this stage. 

• Like 2

People were always way too quick to write him off. He was brought into a poor side, with garbage in front of him, at a very young age. Defenders tend to reach their potential in their mid-to-late twenties, sadly most fans don't have the patience to wait through the mistakes. 

• Like 3

Â