Nathan Baker

AVFC-Prideofbrum

Has a wealth of premier league experience now and can be used as a rotation player how many other teams has someone of 23 on the bench with 101 appearances and can be used as a rotation player

Look how bang on this is.  Vlaar out injured, Baker comes in and bosses it.

Well done lad.

He defended well today, even passed it few times before we turned to defend and hoof setting after about 30 mins. Hes a big guy who can tackle, there is a future for him in the Premier League In my opinion. Whether that is with us and whether that be in 3/4 years time when hes matured is a different matter.

He's just a decent squad option.  The thing I liked today was that he was so disciplined; none of the rashness that he's generally prone to.  He's always been a good header of the ball, but the rest of his game was better today.

Can't fault the lad today.

I don't think we should be writing him off just yet. He has all the physical characteristics to make a really good centre half. His performance today showed a level of maturity I've not seen from him before.

He also showed discipline, awareness and good concentration, again things I think went missing from his game last year (often all at once in the same game).

23 is nothing for a centre back and he's had to learn his trade under negative pressure in a poor team. Now the squad looks better, he might actually benefit from playing less this year. If he can defend to the level displayed today and work on his distribution, then he could be a really good player.

Edited by wazzap24

I think Senderos next to him is really important; he helps keep him calm and in position.

Let the guy mature over the next couple of years with seasoned defenders and I think he will become a good defender.

Once Hutton stays in the form he's currently in and we Aly doesn't get injured, we should be okay with missing one of Vlaar or Senderos in most cases. A real disaster would be one of the full backs as well as a centre back out, not sure we'd manage quite as well then

Â