Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Funny though as he and others have said that the club has recently spent a lot of money on players and we need to remember that and make more use of them.

True, although I don't think you can adopt a blanket approach like that with every player on the staff.

He's got Ireland onto the bench, is playing Stan far more, has brought Warnock in from the cold, is getting more out of the likes of Gabby and Delph etc, and is using the young lads too.

The Mak simply doesn't fit Big Feck's style, and IMO is not up to the pace or rigours of the PL.

If we can get him off the wage bill and get someone else in, all the better IMO ...

Nobody is going to take Ireland off our hands so you can forget that one.

As for Makoun, I've seen enough to think he won't make it in the PL and it would appear that the same applies to McLeish. As for the 1 or 2 really good performances, I've not seen them I have to say.

He hasn't had a decent start to his career here and I'm affraid that when you swap managers as often as we have done in recent times there are going to be casulties and he looks like being one.

I cant be arsed to search back through the thread but i assure you the praise was very high indeed!

Any how, i just find it amusing how there can be such a vast difference in opinion between fans.

I remember it. The praise WAS very high, but then it was a superb debut. Not sure it was as high as 'world class'. And I can be arsed to look back and see that Man Utd were linked to Makoun before he came here. His debut left people salivating for more; which is pretty understandable really. The fact he hasn't replicated that performance since is disappointing and the emergence of Delph and departure of Houllier might very well mean his days here are numbered. If we replace him then that's fine by me.

You've seen enough in a handful of games? I think that we need to give him more time. Watch him against Man U. Watch his forward balls, some of his through balls for Bent. It's something we have been lacking for a long time - someone who can create through the middle. He's Petrovs perfect replacement. A playmaker from the back. He's not box to box or a big brute, He's an intelligent player with a good eye for a pass. Sadly I see Big Eck playing more of a MON style of play rather then what GH wanted to do. I think that means its curtains for Makoun.

He should be starting with Delph in CM. His one touch play is top quality, you only have to watch him a few times to see how good he is. Unlike Petrov, as soon as the ball comes to Makoun he knows where hes going with it and what he wants to do.

Jean Makoun has insisted he wants to remain at Aston Villa and fight for his place despite interest from Olympiakos.

The 28-year-old was brought in by former Villa boss Gerard Houllier in the January transfer window and has made just seven appearances in that period.

Alex McLeish is now seeking to exert his influence over the squad and there was a feeling the Cameroon international may not be part of his plans.

Nevertheless, Makoun's physical attributes should see him prosper in the Premier League and he would like the opportunity to prove his worth.

He told skysports.com: "I want to start games, the new manager has come in and I need to impress him.

"I want to fight and prove myself in the best league in the world - I love English football."

http://tinyurl.com/3jpaktj

You'd be hard pushed to say he'd be anything like a big loss for us if we let him go. He hasn't played in a competitive game for us since early April and besides his performance against Man Utd back in February which was very good his other performances for us have ranged from average to very poor.

Given time he may well come good but if McLeish doesn't fancy him it has to be better that we get rid and McLeish uses the money/wages to bring someone in who he does rate.

i swear he has placed less than 10 games for us? how can people say they ahve seen enough of him?

how many starts has he had i swear he has only started like 2-3 games? i would give him more time i think he could be quality, the way he picks a pass and one touch football is excellent. he is certainly different to any other cb we have

. He hasn't played in a competitive game for us since early April and besides his performance against Man Utd back in February which was very good his other performances for us have ranged from average to very poor.

He was superb against Braga.. many people said so on the forum.

His debut left people salivating for more.

I thought his debut was away at Wiggun. :?

I was there for that game and he was awful.

The game totally passed him by.

I thought then that we'd bought a guy unsuited to the PL. He didn't do much since to change my mind, unfortunately.

I think he should be selected for the next game, but he really needs to step up in it. He needs to start performing, we can't continue to carry him through games.

He will get his chance. We have a small squad, and i think the gaffer has settled on a formation that will evolve as the season progresses, and that progress will include Makoun.

Its been important for him to get off to a non losing start, and thats due to the pressure from us, and the media. He has had no honeymoon, and will not get one. His team selection reflects that.....

Like i said, a little patience is needed.

Nevertheless, Makoun's physical attributes should see him prosper in the Premier League

:shock: :?

A gust of wind would blow the guy over. Physicality is one area where he's really lacking.

I could see him going because I think he is a sellable asset in a position where we have two other decent options - Delph and Bannan.

If he does go I hope it would be so we could bring in a more physical DCM'er that could play alongside one of those two or an attacking CM'er that could compete with SI.

His debut left people salivating for more.

I thought his debut was away at Wiggun. :?

You're right. He got booked and came off before the hour.

. He hasn't played in a competitive game for us since early April and besides his performance against Man Utd back in February which was very good his other performances for us have ranged from average to very poor.

He was superb against Braga.. many people said so on the forum.

Braga that wasn't a competative game was it. Its all very well looking good in pre season in a non competative game against a second rate team its stepping up to the plate in the cut and thrust of the Premiership that he has more often than not struggled with so far.

I hope if he stays he does come good.

Â