Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

As someone said earlier, knowing us we'd get rid of him and not get anyone in to replace him. Then be extremely light in midfield once more. Not to tempt fate but if Delph picks up a knock or gets burnt out, and Petrov starts to suffer, we'll end up with Bannan and Clark, even Gardner, being relied on to play the 2 CM's and I wouldn't be confident with that. I know alot of things have to happen for this to be a possibility, but it wouldn't take much really.

it wouldn't take much really.

Agreed Coops and that is the risk of having an even smaller squad than we had last season.

Even at the moment we're just one suspension and one injury away from trouble IMO.

If Given or Bent got injured or suspended for any length of time we're F@*ked.

Personally, I would only let Makoun go, if a suitable replacement can be found. Not that I actually want him leave.

it wouldn't take much really.

Agreed Coops and that is the risk of having an even smaller squad than we had last season.

Even at the moment we're just one suspension and one injury away from trouble IMO.

If Given or Bent got injured or suspended for any length of time we're F@*ked.

Personally, I would only let Makoun go, if a suitable replacement can be found. Not that I actually want him leave.

Yeah, if Makoun leaves and Ireland won't get a game then we're really short on experience in that area. I mean, I like Hoggs determination but he's not the most talented player we've got. Gardner might have a brilliant future, but he's just 18 and hasn't played a competitive game for the first team that I know of. We need Makoun and still need another player still. The only good thing would be if we could sell him and replace him with 2 players. And I guess Parker would want about £20k more than what we pay Makoun. We need him and Ireland to get going. Will they ever?

Who would You keep if it was a toss up between Makoun and Ireland ?? neither have made a start but both can offer different skills to the 1st team, both guys really have something to prove now and/or either/or move on, make or break season for both, but still reaming in a great salary.

Maybe sell Makoun to get Palacious/Parker? Cash + Ireland for Ki Sung Yeung?

I'd imagine even if an cash + Ireland offer was accepted by Celtic, they would not be able to get anywhere near his wage demands. He is meant to be one of, if not our highest earner.

Who would You keep if it was a toss up between Makoun and Ireland ?? neither have made a start but both can offer different skills to the 1st team, both guys really have something to prove now and/or either/or move on, make or break season for both, but still reaming in a great salary.

Makoun anyday, he has shown more than Ireland has in a similar ammount of games. Jean II has had a few good game, and a couple of poor ones. But I think that is to be expected coming from the French leauge to the Premier League. He was very good against Man Utd and Wigan away. Stephen Ireland on the other hand, does not really have that excuse, if he leaves, he will swipe out at our club in spite, guy is two faced. Plus Makoun makes better rap videos and wears better clothes!

I still cant find any sense into this. We dont have much experience as it is.. so hey lets kick out a Champions League player whos played at the highest level.

Hes our best midfielder by far potential.. just give him a fair crack! Its Berson all over again.

I hope Ireland and Makoun get a start against Hereford and we dont freeze them out. Seems like MON all over again.. picks his favourites and pisses off the rest.

As I said a few days ago maybe Makoun wants out - perhaps he signed because he wanted to work with Houllier and now he finds himself in a situation where he is seemingly worse off in football terms than he was at Lyon, with only 2 other French-speaking people at the club and playing in a league & team that seems at present to be a questionable fit for his playing style.

So it could be a case that Makoun has asked his agent to find him a way out & has engineered the loan - the club says they will let him go if they can replace him first. Sounds reasonable.

The alternative, that McLeish doesn't rate him and is actively looking to get rid would be disappointing from my viewpoint.

It wouldn't surprise me if he has asked if he can move. I've never been convinced when watching him, just don't see him being effective in our team or the premier league but still a bit disappointed that he seems on the way out.

Seems like MON all over again.. picks his favourites and pisses off the rest.

2 games! Yes, just 2 games played and why would he have had reason to change yet with a creditable draw at Fulham and a good 3-1 win at home to Blackburn. Lets face it all managers have some idea of what their preferred starting line up is, it's only when we don't agree with it we start saying stuff about favourites. In terms of who starts as the 2 central midfielders is there a huge case to argue that Delph and Petrov shouldn't be the 2? If Makoun is in fact pissed off having missed 2 games and wants to leave than I would blame the player for that, not the manager. What is more likely is that losing his place at the end of last season and then not being first choice again this season has pissed him off which is understandable at this stage in his career and also not the current manager's fault as he needs to be able to pick what he feels is his strongest XI. One thing for sure is he will be needed at some stage this season, Delph has a tendency to miss games and Petrov isn't the fittest throughout a game. If he does go a replacement is a must.

I'd hope any manager we have will pick the players he believes are the best for his team (his favourites, of you will). If the others don't like it, well that's football. I sure as hell wouldn't want a manager picking players he didn't favour.

Now if AM's (of MON's, or GH's) favourites differ from yours or mine, then that is a completely different argument.

I dont think he wants to leave. Even after Gerrard left, Makoun was saying how happy he was to be at Villa and playing in the Premier League.

He worked so hard to learn the language in the off season so he can ask to go to Greece? Doesnt make sense.

Reeks of Lerner slashing the wage bill.

I think McLeish knows that we need a decent DM, which will mean shipping someone out to free up the wages. I dont believe for one minute that McLeish wants rid, but if Makoun is the only player who we can get off the books then unfortunately he becomes the fall guy. At the end of the day, we need a DM more than we need Makoun right now, which is probably how McLeish sees it.

Dont blame McLeish for the fact that he has to sell (even more) before he can buy.

Â