Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Seems like MON all over again.. picks his favourites and pisses off the rest.

2 games! Yes, just 2 games played and why would he have had reason to change yet with a creditable draw at Fulham and a good 3-1 win at home to Blackburn. Lets face it all managers have some idea of what their preferred starting line up is, it's only when we don't agree with it we start saying stuff about favourites. In terms of who starts as the 2 central midfielders is there a huge case to argue that Delph and Petrov shouldn't be the 2? If Makoun is in fact pissed off having missed 2 games and wants to leave than I would blame the player for that, not the manager. What is more likely is that losing his place at the end of last season and then not being first choice again this season has pissed him off which is understandable at this stage in his career and also not the current manager's fault as he needs to be able to pick what he feels is his strongest XI. One thing for sure is he will be needed at some stage this season, Delph has a tendency to miss games and Petrov isn't the fittest throughout a game. If he does go a replacement is a must.

My thoughts entirely.

Asked about Makoun possibly leaving Villa, McLeish admitted: "It's possible but we wouldn't let anybody go unless somebody came in."

Or to put it another way: We can't get anybody in until we ship somebody out".

You decide.

The problem with Makoun is that he has looked too lightweight for the Premier League so far. There are ways and means of getting him up to speed but I think McLeish recognised in pre-season that he had to make a choice between Makoun and Delph for the first game because both need the experience and strength of Petrov alongside them. Delph is more combative than Makoun and also seems more energetic in his box-to-box running - and his two performances so far would vindicate the decision to select him over Makoun. Not saying I don't think Makoun can play that role in the system McLeish has used so far - in fact, I think he could be rather good - but perhaps Deplh just has that little bit more to offer that suits the English game.

It would be great if we could pair Makoun with Delph and have them sit in front of the back four, but unfortunately I don't think either are yet ready or strong enough to perform as we need them to without Petrov next to them. So if a player was to be released, I can see that there would be a pragmatic argument that Makoun would be one to consider letting go - but only if it enables McLeish to bring in a replacement.

Personally, I hope he stays and forces his way into the team eventually, but it may be an uphill battle.

Makoun potentially IMO is our best midfielder

I would say Delph imo.

I cant understand why he's not 'fancied' by AM? Maybe its a case of Petrov Vs Makoun and Petrov's winning? They both seem to play that holding role starting moves off.

He has no pace, and can't tackle. He's clearly not suited to the more rigorous Premier League and at 28, he isn't suddenly going to learn how to tackle. Finally, Petrov, Delph and Bannan are all better than him.

He has no pace, and can't tackle. He's clearly not suited to the more rigorous Premier League and at 28, he isn't suddenly going to learn how to tackle. Finally, Petrov, Delph and Bannan are all better than him.

I agree - although he can make lots of short one touch passes which seems to make him the complete midfielder in alot of people mind :wow:

I'd be gutted if he left, I think he is a great player. But if shipping him out to make room for a very good DM that will help us push on then sacrifices must be made. RL has already proved that we can't have our cake and eat it.

If we are to get rid we should at least wait until January. He hasn't settled in the Prem yet but that doesn't mean he won't.

Saying that, AM will have seen quite a bit of him in training and if he can get Makoun out and Parker in we would definitely see the benefits straight away.

Getting rid of the one quick thinking one touch midfielder we have seems mental to me. Offer them Petrov FFS. He's had one good game and now he's suddenly captain marvel instead of a lead legged crab

Someone on another forum said let Makoun go and bring Parker in ...

So, let a 28 year old on no more than 30k a week and with champions league experience go for peanuts, and bring in a journeyman pro who'll be 31 in October, cost around 6-7m and command 60k a week wages

BRILLIANT business!

That would almost rival Doug's let free agent Carbone go and sign Ginola for 3m and on a lot more lolly fiasco

and bring in a journeyman pro who'll be 31 in October, cost around 6-7m and command 60k a week wages

BRILLIANT business!

Not to mention he is average and overhyped by the Press.. signing Parker will add to deadwood imo, knowing the board they'll also offer him a 5 year deal as they are clueless.

Behind Bannan, Petrov, Delph and Ireland IMO. If we can replace him with Parker then I'll be very happy. Sorry but anyone who says he's class and 'our best midfielder' based ON WHAT HE'S DONE IN A VILLA SHIRT, is sadly deluded.

can we stop getting rid of all our good players please?

We're not, it's Makoun.

so a guy who has played Champions LEague, World Cup and many caps foir his country isnt good enough for us.

Interesting

Â