Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Getting rid of the one quick thinking one touch midfielder we have seems mental to me. Offer them Petrov FFS. He's had one good game and now he's suddenly captain marvel instead of a lead legged crab

Someone on another forum said let Makoun go and bring Parker in ...

So, let a 28 year old on no more than 30k a week and with champions league experience go for peanuts, and bring in a journeyman pro who'll be 31 in October, cost around 6-7m and command 60k a week wages

BRILLIANT business!

That would almost rival Doug's let free agent Carbone go and sign Ginola for 3m and on a lot more lolly fiasco

Or the best player in the Premiership last year - funny how people see things differently.

Shame if he goes following McLeish's latest comments. Has come to us at the wrong time, not only in terms of our current team but given the fact we'd have to ship him off to get the wage bill down with Randy's new 'policy'. Every time I've seen him play his eye for a pass has been excellent and he has the quality of being able to give himself time on the ball with little effort - a necessity for any Champions League player, of which he has been in the past; you certainly don't play to that level if you are a bad player. His talents have been over-rated by some and vastly under-rated by others for various reasons. If only he could be afforded the same time that was given to a certain Stan Petrov.

I don't think Makoun fits into our side. I think Houllier eventually realised that too at the end of last season. I've not seen much to suggest he can play in a two man midfield here. He is good at moving the ball in midfield but doesn't appear to be able to tackle to track his man from midfield which is perhaps what McLeish is looking

for.

No doubt he has a good footballing brain though from what I've seen.

can we stop getting rid of all our good players please?

We're not, it's Makoun.

so a guy who has played Champions LEague, World Cup and many caps foir his country isnt good enough for us.

Interesting

Let's get Bosko Balaban back then if that's your criteria.

Oh how the times have changed!

After the Man Utd game at Old Trafford he was being hailed as world class with people disputing which one of the big 4 would sign him!

This forum is jokes...keep up the good work fella's! :lol:

Correction, on one occasion he played quite well.

you must be refering to the game at OT where he played very well.

would rather him than bannan. dont se ethe hype with bannan, has had far mor eopportunities than makoun and hasnt done much at all

If only he could be afforded the same time that was given to a certain Stan Petrov.

I agree, it's just a shame that I guess if we have to let someone go to get someone else in he is our best asset not in the manager's plans. Really want him to stay though.

can we stop getting rid of all our good players please?

We're not, it's Makoun.

so a guy who has played Champions LEague, World Cup and many caps foir his country isnt good enough for us.

Interesting

What is interesting to me is that anyone thinks those things are any kind of guarantee when it comes to playing in the PL when it is perfectly clear it's not the case.

Remember Andrei Shevchenko? Then there is his mate Rebrov who failed at Spurs. Or how about Winston Bogarde at Chelsea, Steve Marley at Fulham or Seb Veron, or Jean-Alain Boumsong? Or Antonio Reyes or Tomas Brolin, Robinho, Balaban, Jon Dahl Tomasson, Stephanie Guivarch, Imbrahim Ba, Imbrahim Bakayoko, Helder Postiga....

Do you need me to continue?

I'm sorry but this logic is totally flawed and deep down I think you probably know that.

After the Man Utd game at Old Trafford he was being hailed as world class with people disputing which one of the big 4 would sign him!

Really? I don't remember that and if people were they were being rather foolish as the term world class is itself just daft. I'd also very much doubt they are same people who are now unsure about him.

Correction, on one occasion he played quite well.

you must be refering to the game at OT where he played very well.

would rather him than bannan. dont se ethe hype with bannan, has had far mor eopportunities than makoun and hasnt done much at all

He's done a lot more than Makoun, and is a lot younger. I thought he was superb when he came on on Saturday, and looked to have an immediate understanding with N'Zogbia.

Really? I don't remember that and if people were they were being rather foolish as the term world class is itself just daft. I'd also very much doubt they are same people who are now unsure about him.

I cant be arsed to search back through the thread but i assure you the praise was very high indeed!

Any how, i just find it amusing how there can be such a vast difference in opinion between fans.

He has no pace, and can't tackle. He's clearly not suited to the more rigorous Premier League and at 28, he isn't suddenly going to learn how to tackle. Finally, Petrov, Delph and Bannan are all better than him.

I'm with Mr Rissworth.

He has no pace, and can't tackle. He's clearly not suited to the more rigorous Premier League and at 28, he isn't suddenly going to learn how to tackle. Finally, Petrov, Delph and Bannan are all better than him.

I'm with Mr Rissworth.

Can i join.

92 successful passes out of an attempted 97 or something silly!?!?

And how many of those led to goal scoring chances? How many were 'safe' balls? How many were above 20 yards?

No further question's your honour.

Situation reminds me alot of Berson who was a similar player.Looked composed on the ball but no real drive going forward and lacked pace.Alot of people rated him but managers only played him when there was no other option.

Hopefully we can sell him rather than drag it out loaning him for a year then having to find a buyer next year.

Not rated him since he joined he has looked out of his depth.

In terms of the 6M we paid for him I bet Mcleish wishes he had that right now, he'd make more use of that than the actual player.

Funny though as he and others have said that the club has recently spent a lot of money on players and we need to remember that and make more use of them.

I cant be arsed to search back through the thread but i assure you the praise was very high indeed!

Any how, i just find it amusing how there can be such a vast difference in opinion between fans.

Anybody calling him world class must have been injecting crack into their eyeballs.

People are making him out to have had a terrible start to his career! are you serious! At worst it has been indifferent but probably you could say it's been decent. He's only been here a few months and played a few games in a new league. He's had a few good performances, 1 or 2 really good performances and some bad performances. He should really be given a chance in my opinion. He's obviously got a touch of class about him. He was one of our best players in pre season so I would be surprised if he is sold.

If you want to reduce wages you should look at Ireland or Petrov imo. Ireland because of the level of his wage and that he is really a squad player and Petrov because of his age and that he probs wont be here next season and we need a replacement. You don't sell someone you've bought a few months ago, who has had a decent start to his premiership career, has bags of experience and talent and is on, relatively, low wages (apparently).

Â