Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Well to be fair he was MOTM in two games - Fulham and Man U. Even in the game against Blackpool when I think he got sent off? He was key in our goal. In pre season he has been probably our best player. At the same time I know its early days.

Im with BigJohn here...

Everytime I have seen this guy, he has been nothing short of abysmal. (Didnt see the United game I admit).

Seems like people just want to keep him in the hope he turns out to be good. Hes now had months to settle in and its now time to step up if he gets the chance. No more adjusting to the pace of the game excuses - not that i listened to them before when he was lunging in on players from about 50 yards away.

What I dont get is people are begging for players to be signed, but yet if we drop anyone/threaten to sell anyone - people don't like it.

Atm, people keep saying to sell Heskey because hes deadwood. Well hes in the team, scoring goals and having a positive effect on the team.

We can only play 11 players - we cant buy another DM and keep Makoun and still play Delph.

Time for Bannan, Albrighton, Delph, Delfouneso, Clark etc to really step up now. Look at the kid at Everton - 17 and made a big impact. Our kids are now getting into their twentys and still 'looking half lively'. These players can't step up if we keep buying players. It remains to be seen if they can step up, but lets give them a season without chaos - and lets see. Then, if they arent good enough, the wage bill should be even more down by then, and we can rebuild.

Slightly gone off - topic,

Spose my point is, if we worry about Makoun getting a chance/buying more players, when are these kids (who are now men) going to get the chance to step up.

BJ 10 - You'v obviously stuck your neck out and made a statement about him being a cult hero hence why you're probably making the reactionary statements that you are. I can't believe anyone would say 7 starts would be enough for a foreign import to show if he can make it in the league. That to me is un fair and I hope the manager isn't of the same frame of mind.

Petrov - Probably our best CM but doesn't have the legs anymore

Delph - Great prospect but he's inexperienced and coming back from injury

Hogg - Had a good game against Man U but I'm not sure if he's good enough or will be here come next year

Makoun - Apparently he's not cut out for the prem.

You take Petrov, Delph and Makoun as your 3 CM's in the squad and it looks very thin as injuries and suspensions could easily mean that you have to rely on a partnership of Hogg and Clark in CM. Not good enough really. We need Petrov, Delph, Makoun and one other.

petrovs the problem, not makoun

I think it speaks volumes that Houllier dropped Makoun towards the end of last season to be honest.

McLeish obviously doesn't rate him if he wants to sell, we'd be better getting a player in who will be of better use rather than sitting on the bench.

Petrov - Probably our best CM but doesn't have the legs anymore

Delph - Great prospect but he's inexperienced and coming back from injury

Hogg - Had a good game against Man U but I'm not sure if he's good enough or will be here come next year

Makoun - Apparently he's not cut out for the prem.

You take Petrov, Delph and Makoun as your 3 CM's in the squad and it looks very thin as injuries and suspensions could easily mean that you have to rely on a partnership of Hogg and Clark in CM. Not good enough really. We need Petrov, Delph, Makoun and one other.

I agree with what you are saying, but i think another one will just hinder Delph. If hes not ready hel never be ready.

Finding it hard to put into words:

Weve had numerous threads talking about how The Fonz needs a chance

A thread called Barry Bannan - should this kid be given the chance to shine.

We have wanted Delph in the team for donkeys.

Many moan when Albrighton didnt play last season and believe hes a great prospect.

Are we going to be able to buy players that are good enough to improve the team enough to justify another season of us wondering whether these kids are good enough or not because they spend most of it in the stands? My answer is no

The fact that so many people like him, despite his lack of gametime, means something surely BJ10?

VillaTalk has a long and noble history of hyping players however little time on the pitch or lack of evidence they have to support the idea that they are very good. As time passes little cults develop to sustain that these players were good and somehow we as a club have failed by not fully exploiting the ‘full’ potential of the player. The less time on the pitch the greater they become.

My feeling; he’s an ok/good footballer (not great, by any stretch of the imagination), but he’s unsuited to what the manager wants to do. Further I suspect he hasn’t settled which isn’t helping things. If we can get rid, then so be it.

Not impressed at all by him to be honest. It seems obvious he is not rated and is looking to be shipped out, I just bet that Mcleish wishes he had the 6M we spent on him as he could make more use with that than the player. Hardly likely toget anything like that back on him

The being dropped because he's shit argument is quite frankly a shit argument.

There are just players who are playing better then him or fit better tactically. There's only two central midfield places in the squad and I'm sure if it was Delph on the bench people would be saying he won't make it and Alex doesn't like it. I never understand why this is the case. Ireland is exactly the same, we only had two subs in effect available on Saturday so because he wasn't picked he apparently isn't going to have a Villa career.

Basically only the starting eleven and whoever come off the bench in the first two games is going to make it for us.

Oh and Big John I see you're still categorising peoples liking for Makoun because you're not a fan. Shame you're wrong as usual about why we like him, seems you can't accept still that people can have a different opinion to you so you have to resort to thinking that it is due to matters of the pitch rather than on it.

You had people on here saying they were getting his name on their shirt because he was in a rap video.

People liking him on vt means shit, I said it a few weeks ago that he was gonna be some sort of cult hero on here regardless of performances on the pitch and I still believe it to be the case.

I disagree.

I don't give a shit about his grin or his jumper or a rap video, which I haven't even seen. I like the fact that he is a good footballer.

From what I've seen (every game he's played in), he is the quickest passer we have (perhaps on a par with Ireland), makes himself available for the ball more than any of our players and is one of the cleverer players that we have.

EDIT: When I mention Ireland. I mean the Stephen Ireland at the top of his game.

He hasn't shone in all of his games, admittedly, but in the majority of the games I've seen, he has been ONE OF our better players. I just want him to be given more time to show what he can do, with a settled team.

Woodytom, I agree with you that we have other options and the youngsters should be given a chance too. But I don't see that as a reason to get rid of or not play Makoun. We all know that Petrov's fitness dips towards the end of games/ seasons. So I think that Makoun and Petrov rotating would be a good idea.

Woodytom, I agree with you that we have other options and the youngsters should be given a chance too. But I don't see that as a reason to get rid of or not play Makoun. We all know that Petrov's fitness dips towards the end of games/ seasons. So I think that Makoun and Petrov rotating would be a good idea.

No it doesnt mean Makoun should not be given a chance, it was poorly worded Rob, and probably in the wrong thread, but sounds like you got my drift

Â