Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

I hope he stays but maybe he is too much of a 'luxury' but that's not for me to judge. Not seen enough in the Prem to make that judgement, as a player though, I like him. It is a shame we don't have tougher opposition in the Carling Cup to see, I thought he had a good pre-season but Delph does have the legs that maybe Makoun doesn't. While Petrov is better defensively. Shame.

This has nothing to do with any of that, the fact is that he's not had an opportunity to settle in any meaningful sense, and to write him off at this stage is basically ignorant

Its isn't ignorant. It is peoples opinions and they are entitled to hold them and to express them, just because you don't agree with them doesn't make them ignorant.

Personally I'm not sure yet about Makoun but I certainly have my doubts.

We have too small a squad to start freezing out players again like MON and Houllier did.

If Eck doesn't rate Makoun then he needs to sell him quickly and get Parker in or whoever, not have him sat around not playing whilst other players burn themselves out.

Both Ireland and Makoun need to feature or be sold, not sat doing nothing all season. IMO we need both and are hardly likely to be able to move on either easily.

I rate Makoun and would hope that he replaces Petrov more often than not as Stan can't play every game. I would also swap Ireland for Heskey (with a different formation).

we can't afford to be freezing anyone out anymore.

Makoun was a bit of a liability last season with the red cards, penalties, passing to players under pressure etc.

I'm not sure what he offers other than a 5 yard square ball

Red CARD and it was after two yellows on a very wet pitch where sliding tackles look worse than they are. And the penalty? Disgusting dive, didnt even touch him!

Makoun was a bit of a liability last season with the red cards, penalties, passing to players under pressure etc.

You must have been watching a different Makoun. 5 yard square balls were Petrov/NRC - Makoun knocked first-time passes to Villa feet all over the pitch, time after time. Best passer of the ball in the club for my money (although well off the pace of English football when it came to tackling).

You must have been watching a different Makoun. 5 yard square balls were Petrov/NRC - Makoun knocked first-time passes to Villa feet all over the pitch, time after time. Best passer of the ball in the club for my money (although well off the pace of English football when it came to tackling).
A tiny bit harsh about his tackling, otherwise your post has my blessing. (...makes papal cross-in-the-air motion with hands :) )

hard backtracking work that Petrov does.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Now I know this post is a joke. :winkold:

Have you not watched the Villa for the last couple of seasons? :?

Seems he hasn't. Worked hard for the team again today, good game, blocked a shot destined for the net in the 91st minute amongst other things, a period of the game where Petrov's usually stopped working or so I'm led to believe.

Big difference between actively looking to have an impact on the game and sticking your foot in when someone comes near you.

Petrov ceases to have any active influence on the game beyond being an old head after 60-65 minutes. After that, he just "loiters" and gets his foot in where he can. You will see an occasional effort to chase or harry, but he cannot sustain it.

It is testament to Delph that we have managed to maintain some level of competitiveness in there so far at Fulham and Blackburn. He is doing the work of two men.

I actually thought petrov had a good game yesterday

So did I, for an hour then as usual, he disappeared.

The **** he did. He was good all through the game. The 60 minutes is just a bloody myth. The only thing is that he won't last for more than 60 minutes if he's playing more than one game a week. He didn't tire yesterday, nor did he tire against Fulham.

Both Ireland and Makoun need to feature or be sold

If only it were that simple. I am sure if McLeish could wave a magic wand he would sell at least one of these players, but I suspect the wages on, the amount we want them is putting off any suitors (if any exist in fact)

Â