Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Benitez had the perfect balance. Mascherano sat back alongside Alonso and broke things up, Alonso then had the freedom to control the play and then there was Gerrard roaming around in front of them.
See also the Ron Saunders/Tony Barton Villa: Bremner breaking up, Cowans passing, Mortimer running.

Benitez had the perfect balance. Mascherano sat back alongside Alonso and broke things up, Alonso then had the freedom to control the play and then there was Gerrard roaming around in front of them.
See also the Ron Saunders/Tony Barton Villa: Bremner breaking up, Cowans passing, Mortimer running.
As I recall things, Cowans did a lot more than just pass - and Mortimer did more than run

As I recall things, Cowans did a lot more than just pass - and Mortimer did more than run
Oh, indeed they did. But I think you see my point?

Makoun could make Villa tick played in the right position, not sure where his best position is though. Saw him play very advanced a couple of times for Lyon and he looked good. Don't see him as a defensive midfielder at all, should be played with Delph as soon as Petrov gets **** in a few games time.

The problem with Makoun is in terms of being the team is that he's in between defensive and attacking minded. Obviously refer to Modric but Modric also carries the ball forward, can create goals, go past players etc...with Makoun, he'll sit in there and when you have Petrov also. Then you have neither CM capable of really capable of carrying it forward or getting around the pitch. I think Delph is in there to make up for what Petrov lacks while Petrov's experience and qualities make up for Delph's youth. I still think Makoun is a very good player but is a bit luxury (especially in a team that doesn't keep the ball very well). I hope we draw a Premiership team in the next league Cup game and I'd like to see Makoun alongside say Delph just to see how it would work.

I still think he can be good for us.

+1

I think Makoun would have benefited better at Arsenal. We have a team who are still pretty terrible at keeping possession, but at least they have physical attributes. It seemed rather imbalanced with Makoun in the team.

However, I think we would have benefited better in the long run if we shifted MON's kick and rush, with Houllier's pass the ball players. But it seems we're back to kick and rush because the board haven't got a clue on what's best for this club.

I'd be disappointed to see him go because I rate him as a player. However, I also think that McLeish needs to be able to shape the team, so I won't be crushed if he goes because it means that McLeish will be able to bring in someone that he thinks fits our squad better. In my opinion, we should either use him or get rid of him and bring in someone we actually will use; either way suits me.

Well if AM does want to sell him then that's a bit of a shocker to me considering that we have players such as Ireland on twice the money giving no effort whatsoever!!

Shame I would have liked to have seen him given a try next to a proper midfielder!!

Well if AM does want to sell him then that's a bit of a shocker to me considering that we have players such as Ireland on twice the money giving no effort whatsoever!!

As has been said many times selling our rubbish involves finding someone to buy them which with Beye and Ireland just isn't going to happen.

:lol:

I can't believe theres so much fuss about the possibility of makoun leaving. You'd think it was actually one of our good players that might be leaving.

Dropped by the manager who signed him after some terrible performances and not seen again. Young kids preferred to him even as a sub.

Speaks volumes for me.

The guy has done **** all in a villa shirt, other players deserve to start over him and I'd prefer to give bannan more playing time.

I'd prefer to get rid and bring in someone proven at this level but if he stays then he needs to do a lot more than he has been. Firstly to impress the manager and get a start and then show he deserves to stay in the team.

:lol:

I can't believe theres so much fuss about the possibility of makoun leaving. You'd think it was actually one of our good players that might be leaving.

Dropped by the manager who signed him after some terrible performances and not seen again. Young kids preferred to him even as a sub.

Speaks volumes for me.

The guy has done **** all in a villa shirt, other players deserve to start over him and I'd prefer to give bannan more playing time.

I'd prefer to get rid and bring in someone proven at this level but if he stays then he needs to do a lot more than he has been. Firstly to impress the manager and get a start and then show he deserves to stay in the team.

Guy has had about 2 seconds in a villa shirt. Give him some more time. Talk about reactionary.

The fact that so many people like him, despite his lack of gametime, means something surely BJ10?

If you don't think he's a good player then fine, but a lot of people, myself included, can see in him a clever, quick passer who always makes himself available for the ball, who can play decent through balls and, from previous clubs, can chip in with a few goals too.

I think Makoun would have benefited better at Arsenal. We have a team who are still pretty terrible at keeping possession, but at least they have physical attributes. It seemed rather imbalanced with Makoun in the team.

However, I think we would have benefited better in the long run if we shifted MON's kick and rush, with Houllier's pass the ball players. But it seems we're back to kick and rush because the board haven't got a clue on what's best for this club.

You must have watched different games to me this season then. While we haven't played like Barcelona, we certain,y haven't played kick and rush football.

The fact that so many people like him, despite his lack of gametime, means something surely BJ10?

If you don't think he's a good player then fine, but a lot of people, myself included, can see in him a clever, quick passer who always makes himself available for the ball, who can play decent through balls and, from previous clubs, can chip in with a few goals too.

You had people on here saying they were getting his name on their shirt because he was in a rap video.

People liking him on vt means shit, I said it a few weeks ago that he was gonna be some sort of cult hero on here regardless of performances on the pitch and I still believe it to be the case.

Guy has had about 2 seconds in a villa shirt. Give him some more time. Talk about reactionary.

If his 7 starts were good performances last year and he was getting praised would you be on here saying we can't judge hiim yet.

Stephen Ireland started less prem game than him and he was written off but then he doesn't wear cool jumpers or look uncomfortable in amateur rap videos.

I saw enough last season to suggest he won't be good enough to play at this level. I also think Delph and bannan have more potential and should be given more time to play. I would also like to give Ireland the chance to show the form he's shown in the past playing at this level than cross my fingers makoun could ever have a season like that.

Â