Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

I think the ambitions of the chairman reflected in the hiring of our current manager... as I said before it's not a nice one, even worse if he decides he'll finally invest because I think we have the wrong manager to build a team.

anyway, off topic so i'll stop now.

The problem is any manager wants players that fit his system, play his way, will fit with those players around him.

I agree with this.. I also find it funny we went to looking at the likes of Martinez then went to Mcleish.. both completely different.

I agree but don't even get me started on that subject, funny isn't a word I'd use to describe the clubs last two appointment processes.

I think Makoun is a real quality player and he can pass the ball well. However, he did seem to get knocked off the ball a little too easily whenever I saw him play last season. I don't think he is being played in the correct way though. I think he is a more forward thinking player and not one who should be going to collect the ball off the back four and giving them cover.

I think he would look a quality player if he was playing in a midfield trio where he had a quality DM to cover so he can move us forward.

Bannan can do anything that Makoun can, and not only do it a better, but has a lot more to his game as well, including the ability to pass the ball more than 4 yards. If Makoun ever plays a ball like Bannan did to Albrighton away at Fulham, I'll eat my hat.

Makoun has done longrange passes.

Bannan can do anything that Makoun can, and not only do it a better, but has a lot more to his game as well, including the ability to pass the ball more than 4 yards. If Makoun ever plays a ball like Bannan did to Albrighton away at Fulham, I'll eat my hat.

He probably wont, but then again I have no idea why your comparing an attacking midfielder like Bannan with a holding midfielder like Makoun??

Bannan is competing with Ireland for a starting berth, whereas Makoun is competing with Petrov and Delph. As much as I like Delph, Makoun is technically a country mile better than both.

I would go as far as to say that the reason Makoun looks so ordinary in our team is the fact that from a intelligence perspective he is in Mensa whereas the majority of our players are with mothercare.

If Bannan ever scores a goal in the CL against Real Madrid in the style that Makoun did.. ill eat your hat too.

Bannan has had more opportunities and hasnt really delivered either. His size will always be a problem. He tends to go close with those long passes yet the defenders always cut them out.

Makoun was more impressive in pre season.. i hope he gets a chance.. his movement and passing is first class. I would like to see him with an Premier League pre season to improve his fitness and learn the English game a bit better.

He probably wont, but then again I have no idea why your comparing an attacking midfielder like Bannan with a holding midfielder like Makoun??

Bannan is competing with Ireland for a starting berth, whereas Makoun is competing with Petrov and Delph. As much as I like Delph, Makoun is technically a country mile better than both.

I would go as far as to say that the reason Makoun looks so ordinary in our team is the fact that from a intelligence perspective he is in Mensa whereas the majority of our players are with mothercare.

Agree, totally different players IMO. One of the better facets of Makoun's game is a quick forward ball (which has often taken our forwards by surprise).

Superb news, a player who seems committed to the club. If we're gonna get rid of a high earner, get rid of Ireland. Bannan can fill his role when needed and potentially Gardner. Hope he starts mid week, be disapointed if he doesn't. Quick thinking player, can release a pass fast, iron out some of the mistakes and he'll be a good player for us. He fitted in well during the games preseason, so don't see why he can't fit into Eck's system.

Him and N'Zogbia could crack up a fantastic on field relationship I recon.

Is Eck trying to get rid of the foreign players who want to play for our club, first Cuellar, now Makoun. Seemingly non disruptive, positive attitude players.

Makoun!

Superb news, a player who seems committed to the club. If we're gonna get rid of a high earner, get rid of Ireland. Bannan can fill his role when needed and potentially Gardner. Hope he starts mid week, be disapointed if he doesn't. Quick thinking player, can release a pass fast, iron out some of the mistakes and he'll be a good player for us. He fitted in well during the games preseason, so don't see why he can't fit into Eck's system.

Is Eck trying to get rid of the foreign players who want to play for our club, first Cuellar, now Makoun. Seemingly non disruptive, positive attitude players.

Makoun!

VillaRoy, had JM said he's staying somewhere? Your post and one from KSV seems to suggest so.

Delighted if he stays and think he'll play tomorrow night.

Makoun!

VillaRoy, had JM said he's staying somewhere? Your post and one from KSV seems to suggest so.

Delighted if he stays and think he'll play tomorrow night.

Yeah dude

"I want to start games, the new manager has come in and I need to impress him.

"I want to fight and prove myself in the best league in the world - I love English football."

Â