Lionel Messi

AVFC-Prideofbrum

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

4 matches is minimum he should get. Some players think they can get away with anything on the pitch

If it were actually enforced across the board, I'd have no problem with it, but 4 games for this looks ridiculous when it's still rare to see a booking shown for chasing a ref around and screaming at them.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

If it were actually enforced across the board, I'd have no problem with it, but 4 games for this looks ridiculous when it's still rare to see a booking shown for chasing a ref around and screaming at them.

it has to be enforced all around. apparently a Chile player got a similar ban recently for the same thing

fair play to Conmebol. bet FA wont even bother

On 3/30/2017 at 07:23, Zatman said:

4 matches is minimum he should get. Some players think they can get away with anything on the pitch

Of all the players in World football to direct "some players think they can get away with anything on the pitch" at - Messi?!

• 5 years later...
1 hour ago, Lupinthe5th said:

One game on Sunday doesn't define Lionel Messi's status. 

For me he's already The Greatest Player Ever. The God of Football.

Player of the tournament through today. I want him to win it all now so the argument can definitively be put to bed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lupinthe5th said:

One game on Sunday doesn't define Lionel Messi's status. 

For me he's already The Greatest Player Ever. The God of Football.

Blows my mind there are a decent number of people who seem to think this matters.

Win or lose the world cup final, play well or shit...it doesn't change the level he's played at for most of his career.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Blows my mind there are a decent number of people who seem to think this matters.

Win or lose the world cup final, play well or shit...it doesn't change the level he's played at for most of his career.

I think it's mostly just to shut up all the Ronaldo fanbois

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

It doesn't matter, but if he gets it, it'll shut the debate for good as that was the final excuse for Ronaldo FC 

25 minutes ago, Lupinthe5th said:

I badly want him to win the World Cup! But I don't think it will be a happy ending 

Their fans make each game sound like La Bombanera. A huge advantage, even against France. It sort of feels like Argentina are destined to win it.

• Like 1

Messi is wired differently. What he does and what he is with a football is just poetry. That low centre of gravity. The way he manipulates the ball. His finishing. His dribbling. His passing. I could go on. I find him mesmerising.

Is the best player ever? I don’t know, I’ve not watched the likes of Pele, Maradona etc. but without a doubt, he’s the best player I’ve ever seen play football. I’ll be surprised if I ever see anybody better. I struggle to put into words just how good he is (as I’m sure others do too).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

It’s not even close between him and Ronaldo. Ronaldo great goal scorer, Messi the greatest. Assists, goals, dribbles, passing. He is it all. 

The fact that he can run games at 35 is extraordinary.

Ronaldo has reverted to a box striker since his late 20's just in order to keep up with him.

In my head it has never been a debate.

Â