Lionel Messi

AVFC-Prideofbrum

12 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Blows my mind there are a decent number of people who seem to think this matters.

Win or lose the world cup final, play well or shit...it doesn't change the level he's played at for most of his career.

It matters because there will be always those that say Maradona did it but Messi hasn't and he hasn't always turned up at world cups. 

9 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

But there's a hell of a lot Messi has done that Maradona didn't 

He has I agree but winning the world cup for your country is the biggest accolade in football. I don't think it should define his career but it matters to him and it matters to his country.

35 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Ronaldo may have kept up with him numbers wise over the years but footballing wise he has never been anywhere near his level.

Also he only kept up in terms of goals. Messi has always been clear in assists.

13 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Messi plays for the team; Ronaldo plays for Ronaldo. I feel like if you’re someone who says Ronaldo is better, you probably stink a bit and are called Piers.

If Piers interviewed Harold Shipman, he’d say he was the greatest doctor of all time. The man is a suck up. 

Just wanna say to the internet. Congratulations to Lionel Messi on winning the World Cup. He deserved the holy grail of Football for all he has done.I feel like it was written, destined.
For 17 years he bought joy to my life with his god given talent. I've seen him do things on the pitch that I wouldn't of thought was possible.
The greatest thing about Messi is that in fact he's a average looking, 5ft 5, introverted human being. It defies logic and narration

The Best Ever for me in my lifetime. Messi will always be my number 1 hero until the day I die. 

Congrats and Thankyou.  

Â