Lionel Messi

AVFC-Prideofbrum

He's basically completed football.  Incredible to witness him from the age of 17 to now.  By the age of 19 I was pretty sure he was the greatest talent ever, then to score 800 goals, win every trophy in the game, it's unreal.  Hopefully he pays Emi back and signs for Villa.

• Like 2

Unquestionably the greatest player of my lifetime and I’d be amazed if I ever see another player like him. And I didn’t have to watch a single second of this World Cup to say that with complete conviction.

I can never assume to be able to judge who’s the greatest out of him or Maradona, a player I never really watched, but Messi’s career and sheer longevity is pretty f***ing hard to beat on numbers alone. 

12 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

How many does Ronaldo have? I hope Messi gets to play South America's version of Andorra and score about 10 to leave the mug with nothing 

118. Ronaldo has 20 goals in friendlies and Messi has 44 in friendlies so the Andorra games for example are competitive😛

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Unquestionably the greatest player of my lifetime and I’d be amazed if I ever see another player like him. And I didn’t have to watch a single second of this World Cup to say that with complete conviction.

I can never assume to be able to judge who’s the greatest out of him or Maradona, a player I never really watched, but Messi’s career and sheer longevity is pretty f***ing hard to beat on numbers alone. 

Messi is just world class in so many different categories

Finishing

Composure

Dribbling

Passing

Vision

Intelligence

Just an unbelievable player, and no ego either.

47 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

How does he find any sort of motivation to carry on after this?

I think he just loves the game. Cant imagine what it was like for him having the pressure of the whole world on his shoulders. Now its finally been lifted.

Honestly think we see him at the next World Cup! He would be 38! Would be a great way to bow out. 
I'd love to see him go back to Barcelona.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lupinthe5th said:

I think he just loves the game. Cant imagine what it was like for him having the pressure of the whole world on his shoulders. Now its finally been lifted.

Honestly think we see him at the next World Cup! He would be 38! Would be a great way to bow out. 
I'd love to see him go back to Barcelona.  

Fitness and nutrition and all the modern science that players use can prolong careers. Ronaldo can play competitively in MLS until he's 45. Messi can play in 2028.

Edited by maqroll

Â