Lionel Messi

AVFC-Prideofbrum

To be honest, it's about time..

I'm only 18, so for me...he's the best player I've ever seen and even when you look at old clips from past legends, they don't seem to be able to do the stuff he does. What I love is the fact he uses next to nothing in terms of trickery, it is just sheer dribbling, ball control.

This is where it is crazy.

19 starts. 5 off the bench.

12 assists, 27 goals.

Still at least 25 games left to play, most likely that will be around 31-35. Presuming he's fit and plays say starts 27-30 games, it's not out of the question that 25 assists and 60 goals could be reached. :shock:

Yes this is a Jizzfest and damn straight it should be.

Yeh, but is he as good as Ethan Moore?

In reality, he's the best player in the world at the moment, no doubt about that for me.

Best player ever? he has to be close. If he keeps up this form for a few seasons then he'll certainly be the best ever imo.

Yeh, but is he as good as Ethan Moore?

In reality, he's the best player in the world at the moment, no doubt about that for me.

Best player ever? he has to be close. If he keeps up this form for a few seasons then he'll certainly be the best ever imo.

I was going to add something about Ethan Moore but felt he didn't deserve to be lowered to standards of mere mortals.

Warnock - lolz.

Ronaldo's still the best player I can remember seeing in his prime.

Messi's form over the last couple of seasons is obscene. I do think you do have to account somewhat for just quite how good the team around him is as well - but even then he's still probably the best in the world at the moment. C.Ronaldo is the only one that comes close.

I do still think Messi, where he in England, would struggle, whereas C.Ronaldo would be the best player in the league in any league in the world, except the current La Liga.

He's doing a good job of putting himself in the running to be talked about with the likes of Maradona, Pele and Zidane - he could do with winning a world cup to ice his cake. At the moment he's unbelievably good to watch and a reminds me a bit of Napoli Maradona.

He's doing a good job of putting himself in the running to be talked about with the likes of Maradona, Pele and Zidane - he could do with winning a world cup to ice his cake. At the moment he's unbelievably good to watch and a reminds me a bit of Napoli Maradona.

The thing with Napoli and Maradonna is that they were a fairly average team and he was winning games single handedly. Messi has the best midfielders in the world playing around him so that has to be a help to him.

Messi at his age, is the best ive seen. And that includes Maradonna.

Scarey thing is, he is still developing as a player!!

Yes, having the players he has around him helps, but he really is the tip of Barcas spear, and some of things he does is pure genious.

Not being funny, but C Ronaldo is not anywhere close, and hes one of the best around. Lets hope Messi stays fit to reach his peak, because i think hes been pretty lucky with injuries so far?

Messi now is as good, if not better than Brazilian Ronaldo was when he was in his prime (PSV-Barca-first season at Inter) and the fact that he can make Christiano Ronaldo, a player who has scored 58 goals in his first 60 games for Real Madrid look ordinary is quite astonishing. The fact that despite all of his goals we still dont really think of him as an out and out goalscorer is even more incredible.

Luckily the game has changed to a point where players cannot kick the shit out of the greats, just look at players like Marco Van Basten, Ronaldo, Michael Owen, all ruined by having lumps kicked out of them every week. Messi might make it beyond 25 years of age.

Messi is the best forward in the world BUT for Argentina he is really average and I think its Xavi and Iniesta that make him tick and for me Xavi is bein the world and possibly best midfielder of all time.

Messi will not go down as the best ever unless he wins a World Cup but he still has 2 or 3 chances to do it

Â