SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

That Daily Express article makes a lot of sense because based on the info we were given talks between Wigan and Villa were a lot more advanced than you just only putting a £10m bid in this evening. I reckon that bid went it on any time after Sunday night when Villa and Liverpool had basically agreed a total price for the Downing deal. This wouldn't be that strange because we had a fee agreed for Downing in principle for 3 days before anything was put out to the press late last night so wouldn't be surprised at all if talks were a lot more advanced than it seems.

I Hope you sign him, Steve Bruce has a big fat head.

Well we should have been signing him the minute Ash was sold not after we sold Downing as well.

The club is in regression.

Well we should have been signing him the minute Ash was sold not after we sold Downing as well.

Yeah but just supposing the selling club had another interested club who they might be able to squeeze a bit more out of.

I think N'Zogbia bid was dependent on Liverpool not offering Wigan more for him.

Hopefully Villa played this right and sealed the Zog before Whelan got wind that we'd indeed sold Downing to Liverpool

for oodles.

Would be a nice pay back for Whelan shouting his mouth off about Martinez turning down talks if you ask me!

Yeah but just supposing the selling club had another interested club who they might be able to squeeze a bit more out of.

I think N'Zogbia bid was dependent on Liverpool not offering Wigan more for him.

Hopefully Villa played this right and sealed the Zog before Whelan got wind that we'd indeed sold Downing to Liverpool

for oodles.

Would be a nice pay back for Whelan shouting his mouth off about Martinez turning down talks if you ask me!

If anything the Martinez affair will work in our favour.

Sunderland have put in a fairly large bid for N'Zogbia I am told. I knew last week they were in for him but they have upped they're interest. He will still be a villa player very soon though. I was told yesterday 2-3 days. Friday it will be by all accounts.

Parker being fought over by Villa and a number of other clubs. West Ham holding out for highest bid.

To get both N'Zogbia and Parker for a little less than we sold Downing for would be great business, in my opinion. We do, however, also need to spend the Ashley Young money...

Agree with the first part but I believe McLeish won't see any of the Young money.

To get both N'Zogbia and Parker for a little less than we sold Downing for would be great business, in my opinion. We do, however, also need to spend the Ashley Young money...

We certainly better spend the Ashley young money.

IMO if we spend less than £40 million this summer it will be a disgrace from Lerner.

IMO if we spend less than £40 million this summer it will be a disgrace from Lerner.

Well then expect to be disgraced then! If anything Lerner is scaling back his investment in Villa as IMHO getting into the Champs League is no longer a target. Read his mouthpiece Faulker's statement on appointing McLeish. We are only here to "compete" in the Premier League now, i.e. make up the numbers! This summer we will spend less than we receive, and at best the three signings of N'Zogbia, Parker and Given is all we will see.

Anyway, back on topic - I think N/Zogbia will turn out to be a great signing. He's quicker than Downing, doesnt jump out of tackles and is more adaptable. Cheap at half the price!

Agreed, we were always told that money is there for transfers, it was the wage bill that needed taming. We have seen 10+ players leave this summer, so I think its safe to assume that the wage bill is a little better now. Randy needs some signings to get some feel good factor back in Villa Park, otherwise next season is going to be another long depressing season.

He's quicker than Downing, doesnt jump out of tackles and is more adaptable. Cheap at half the price!

You do realise "cheap at half the price!" means you think he is expensive don't you??? :D

I was being literal. I think he is cheap!

*too early in the morning for sarcasm*

Dave Whelan just on Talksport (here we go again), saying that if Downing is worth 20 million Nzog is worth 25.

I doubt we are going to get him on the cheap, simply because he knows we are desperate. Why did we not get him in before allowing Downing to speak to the Scousers?