SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

Mackems here are saying that Bruce ruled himself out of a Zog bid last week..

He told SSN last week that SAFC weren't putting in a bid for him.

Villa fan in Wigan off twitter has been adamant for over a week he was in the bag!

Isn't N'Zogbia with the wigan squad currently in Sweden?

I'd imagine if he is/was and a fee has been agreed with the clubs, then he would be on a plane back to England or already back in England now anyway.

Isn't N'Zogbia with the wigan squad currently in Sweden?

I don't know. Rumours he didn't fly out on Monday with the rest of the squad.

One supposed ITK on twitter has just tweeted Kendrick hat he reckons CNZ is having a medical this afternoon.

Ok - if this is a go-er - then fair to to McLeish - good signing, no doubt, would have preferred he was playing with Downing not instead of, but good signing none the less..

i would imagine we will announce Given at the same time, would have preferred Foster, and think we will rue it in about October when he breaks down injured. But if it is Given and NZog, a steady start but two no brainers really.

CM is the key position for us to fill, and to be honest, I am fearful on that one, at this moment , I'd be more than happy to see NRC re-appear

To me it looks like

Given

Young CB Clark Warnock

Zog Delph DM Makoun / Ireland Marcy / Gabby

Bent

or , alternatively, take out Makoun put Gabby up top in a 442

CB - I am still hoping for Cahill / Dann - but can see it being Cueller if fit.

**** off with twitter ffs

TBF it was all over about Downing long before it was officially announced last night on LFC site.

ALL the news channels now tweet before it hits newsnow as well.

Aston Villa move for Liverpool England midfielder after Downing sale

By Adam Davies, on 14th July 2011, 15:39

Aston Villa plan a move for Liverpool midfielder Joe Cole after losing both Ashley Young and Stewart Downing.

The England international has not had the greatest time at Anfield - getting sent off on his debut, and struggling since - and could find regular football at Villa Park.

As a result, both the Daily Star and talkSPORT claim that Alex McLeish will attempt to seal a cut price move for Cole, and will play him in his preferred position just off the striker.

Ashley Young enjoyed a fruitful partnership with Darren Bent from that position last season, and with Wigan winger Charles N'Zogbia expected to join Aston Villa, both Downing and Young could be replaced at far less cost.

Former Aston Villa star Ian Taylor welcomed Cole's potential arrival.

"[Joe Cole] would be a possibility providing the player is one that would interest the manager," said Taylor.

"Weve got the likes of Marc Albrighton coming through whos a great prospect and its a great chance for him to fill those boots too.

"If we can get some good players in with the money coming in we can try and push on from there."

Link

A combination of the words "Daily Star", "talkSPORT" and "providing the player is one that would interest the manager" would indicate there's absolutely no need to re-open a Cole topic (thankfully).