SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

Love the Zog, big no to Cole. That article is true aswell, we havent lost out on a bility and we should be able to give him a 5 yr deal. I was hoping he would be Ash's replacement, with Downing gone i think we need to findd someone else now. I don't think Johnson will get many games at City this year and he has the potential to be better than Downing imo.

Is there anything concrete? All I'm seeing is rumours with the word "understood" jumping up again.

I think most concrete is probaby dare I say Mirror's tweet with quote from Pardew.

MirrorFootball

Alan Pardew on N'Zogbia: "I am told that Charles has got an imminent move, so I don't think that will be us." Replacement for Downing? #AVFC

Interesting ..it would seem that all the reports are that NUFC & SAFC didn't bother putting in bids for him.

Interesting. I hadn't seen this until now but was told that Pardew was telling people that Villa had beaten them to Nzogbia so that links up to what we were told about Villa signing Nzogbia before Downing was allowed to leave.

Cigar in Hand... " Just one more thing"

Don't even know why I'm bothering writing this as no-one will believe me and I'll just get abuse but I was privvy to info during the Downing saga and was at one point told that LFC getting Downing -depended on Villa getting Nzogbia. We were told the Downing deal couldn't go ahead until you had Nzogbia in the bag. This was on 10-07-2011 and we never heard anything else about the Nzog implications again so I assuming you must be close to getting him as Downing has been completed and our source was right on everything else.

Appreciate the info mate. I hope you are right. Earlier this arvo, it would appear that was exactly the case.....However, it seems to have gone all too quiet for my liking. Fingers crossed. Wrap up Nzogbia, Parker & Given....and we will finally be making progress.

Sunderland manager Steve Bruce is poised to hijack Charles N'Zogbia's move to Aston Villa and match Alex McLeish's bid.

McLeish has identified Wigan winger N'Zogbia as the ideal replacement for Liverpool-bound Stewart Downing and is willing to match Wigan's £10million valuation.

http://tinyurl.com/5wd4mk9

Great,just great. Just what I said earlier. Please let this be just fabricated paper talk.

Would like to think we have lodged an official bid now we officially know the price. That's how WE tend to do business. Hearing reports elsewhere that N'Zogbia has already decided on a club (Pardew etc), leave me very positive indeed.

Perfect player, perfect price. Bring on the Zog.

good move and for 10 mil , not a bad bit of business!

IF we have put a bid in and IF it's the first bid (instead of the first bid made public), is it likely to be accepted?

By the Liverpool method of bidding N'Zogbia will cost around £18m! Having said that, we do have a recent history of making fair and acceptable bids.

We'll have to wait and see whether this is the start or towards the end of the purchase process.

Lets hope we just get this done and quick. £10m seems about right to land him without it getting silly, but you always get the feeling with us that it'll go tits up.

About time anyway

I just hope this is all done and dusted pretty quickly and by Monday he'll be ITSOTP!

Wonder if the way we treated Wigan over the Martinez approach will go in our favour?

If anything, I want this done sharpish just to shut the moaners and whiners up for a few minutes...