SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

And we think it’s been excellent business by Aston Villa too – that they sold Stewart Downing for £20M to – who else – Liverpool, and then replaced him with what we consider to be a better player, in Charles N’Zogbia, and for just £9M and maybe even less.

So not only do we believe that Aston Villa have a better winger now, but they have also made a profit of £11M – thanks to Liverpool.

Toon Blog

Agree with every word

So Taylor basically said **** all about Cole? Any players name could have been inserted into that sentence.

True.. I hadn't noticed the brackets!

Surely they couldn't quote him and just insert a random name to fill space though...

Mind you I should know better than to ask that question!

Taylor said that a week ago on TalkSport and he was asked about Joe Cole, and just said he could be an option. Tayls ain't got a clue who we are sigining, he is always asking other people on Twitter.

Is there anything concrete? All I'm seeing is rumours with the word "understood" jumping up again.

I think most concrete is probaby dare I say Mirror's tweet with quote from Pardew.

MirrorFootball

Alan Pardew on N'Zogbia: "I am told that Charles has got an imminent move, so I don't think that will be us." Replacement for Downing? #AVFC

Interesting ..it would seem that all the reports are that NUFC & SAFC didn't bother putting in bids for him.

From the jawwdy blog above.

If it is true it makes no sense as Villa are no better than Wigan???? If it is not then why is this blog printing shit from this CWARR clearing in the woods.

:wave:

From the jawwdy blog above.

If it is true it makes no sense as Villa are no better than Wigan???? If it is not then why is this blog printing shit from this CWARR clearing in the woods.

:wave:

Saw that. Made me smile. When I ever I think some of our fans are deluded, I just remember Newcastle fans, and it puts everything into prospective. :)

Don't even know why I'm bothering writing this as no-one will believe me and I'll just get abuse but I was privvy to info during the Downing saga and was at one point told that LFC getting Downing -depended on Villa getting Nzogbia. We were told the Downing deal couldn't go ahead until you had Nzogbia in the bag. This was on 10-07-2011 and we never heard anything else about the Nzog implications again so I assuming you must be close to getting him as Downing has been completed and our source was right on everything else.

Is there anything concrete? All I'm seeing is rumours with the word "understood" jumping up again.

I think most concrete is probaby dare I say Mirror's tweet with quote from Pardew.

MirrorFootball

Alan Pardew on N'Zogbia: "I am told that Charles has got an imminent move, so I don't think that will be us." Replacement for Downing? #AVFC

Interesting ..it would seem that all the reports are that NUFC & SAFC didn't bother putting in bids for him.

Interesting. I hadn't seen this until now but was told that Pardew was telling people that Villa had beaten them to Nzogbia so that links up to what we were told about Villa signing Nzogbia before Downing was allowed to leave.