SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

Rumours eminating from Wigan side are that this was a done deal anyway a week or so ago, the ball was very much in Villa's court.

So why have we not got him signed yet?

It's probably linked to Downing signing at Liverpool; that hasn't happened yet.

OK, i can see that..........Cool 8)

There are lots of rumours we've tied up the N'Zogbia deal before the Downing sale was announced.

Let's wait and see if theres any truth in them (which I believe to be the case) before running the club down or throwing childish insults at the General.

Same reason we haven't signed Given yet?

Don't forget if a player doesn't submit a transfer request then there is the matter of compensation, loyalty bonuses with the player to be sorted out

with the selling club... It's not just about negotiations between them and buying club.

Rumours eminating from Wigan side are that this was a done deal anyway a week or so ago, the ball was very much in Villa's court.

I know its terrible, I mean I bet I could have managed to sign him in 35 seconds on FIFA.

All jokes aside, it is something of a concern that we always appear to drag our heels when it comes to transfers. We're too bloody honest in our approach if the truth be known. If we were plop, manure or chelsea the Zog deal would have been long since.......'up front' or using every trick in the book..

Done some digging for you from the person who was feeding us all the spot on info regarding the Downing deal.

Either the person who was passing the info on to us or the source itself seems to think talks began in earnest Monday morning after the Downing fee was agreed Sunday evening. They seem to think this deal was sorted and thats why we were allowed to speak to Downing and do his medical. Their best guess for why this isn't done yet is a large late bid from Sunderland which has turned Whelans head. Their pretty adamant that this was deal was basically done by late Weds night when the Downing deal was announced.

Done some digging for you from the person who was feeding us all the spot on info regarding the Downing deal.

Either the person who was passing the info on to us or the source itself seems to think talks began in earnest Monday morning after the Downing fee was agreed Sunday evening. They seem to think this deal was sorted and thats why we were allowed to speak to Downing and do his medical. Their best guess for why this isn't done yet is a large late bid from Sunderland which has turned Whelans head. Their pretty adamant that this was deal was basically done by late Weds night when the Downing deal was announced.

8)

Perhaps our board aren't as incompetent as thought?

All jokes aside, it is something of a concern that we always appear to drag our heels when it comes to transfers. We're too bloody honest in our approach if the truth be known

I don't think Sunderland feel that way.

Ha! Wouldn't at all surprise me if he went there instead of us. Would be a slight vindication for Sunderland fans if Zog chose them over us. Besides, they seem quite excited by the coming season considering their activity in the transfer market.

The club is incompetent because a Wigan fan has been on Talksport saying N'Zogbia should be worth more than Downing?

Whatever.

This.

I sometimes wonder our fans get what they deserve being so stupid and vile sometimes. If its not that its sly little calculated digs at members of the board.

Its **** pathetic. I really am sick to death of it.

There's 2 people on Tiwtter who have Football Agent in their handle. One of them has proved to be quite on the ball. If the one quoted above is the one that knows his stuff and Sunderland have made a late bid then that backs up everything I've been told, so its starting to look like Sunderland are the reason this hasn't been done yet.

I still think you will sign him them.

All jokes aside, it is something of a concern that we always appear to drag our heels when it comes to transfers. We're too bloody honest in our approach if the truth be known. If we were plop, manure or chelsea the Zog deal would have been long since.......'up front' or using every trick in the book..

We're in advanced negotioations with them. The only time a transfer will take 5 minutes is when you literally dont care what you do with your money, im talking the likes of Man U, Chelsea, City. We are trying to strike a deal that everybody is happy with. It takes time. Have some patience.

All jokes aside, it is something of a concern that we always appear to drag our heels when it comes to transfers. We're too bloody honest in our approach if the truth be known

I don't think Sunderland feel that way.

True :lol:

Dave Whelan loves us though!

There's 2 people on Tiwtter who have Football Agent in their handle. One of them has proved to be quite on the ball. If the one quoted above is the one that knows his stuff and Sunderland have made a late bid then that backs up everything I've been told, so its starting to look like Sunderland are the reason this hasn't been done yet.

I still think you will sign him them.

Liverpool fan, stop reading this thread, it's giving an embarassing representation of our fans.

8)

Perhaps our board aren't as incompetent as thought?

Agreed. If they have sold Downing on the understanding we have tied up the N'Zog deal and then get gazumped by Sunderland, they will be revealed as even more incompetent than thought!

Let's hope however this late Sunderland bid doesn't impress the player.

I know its terrible, I mean I bet I could have managed to sign him in 35 seconds on FIFA.

Thanx, this is exactly what i was touching upon.

BTW, FIFA is like the real life premier league, stacked in favour of the Manures and Chelski's :twisted:

Many a time have i lost a controller :lol:

Im cool with this at the moment, but worry that the amount of time it takes, may see us being gazumped by someone else.

Unless we have made a down payment?

The only worry for Villa fans here is that he seems to have a bit of an attachment to the North-East but besides this if he makes the decision on footballing reasons he will choose you. I'd be really surprised if he doesn't end up a Villa player.

The only worry for Villa fans here is that he seems to have a bit of an attachment to the North-East but besides this if he makes the decision on footballing reasons he will choose you. I'd be really surprised if he doesn't end up a Villa player.

Do you think Whelan is using Sunderland to get more money out of us?