SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

If our midfield next season looks like:

Zog Ireland Makoun Albrighton

And we end up £25m up on the summer's midfield transactions... Surely that's transfer genius?

To the sensible crowd its excellent business mate, but you know what VT has been like lately.....

Transfer genius you think. Maybe it will be, however if we go into the season with our first midfield centre pair consisting of a player who hasn't played for 3 yrs, and a dispicable attitude, together with a player who came in January, looked way way off the pace and was subsequently dropped within a month by the bloke who bought him.

Frankly, I'll be a bit worried.

Zog and Albrighton I grant you I'll be happy with, but Ireland Makoun would be ripped apart more than Jamie Redknapps bum in Winson Green showers

:lol:

I really do hand on heart think N'Zogbia is a better player than both Young and Downing (not the Young of 2 years ago mind) so think we've gotton the better of the deals.

However we NEED to sign another winger as backup/competition otherwise the Zog and Albe could get very complacent knowing there's no one waiting in the wings. Ideally (and living in dream world) i'd love Johnson but would settle for someone equally as good. Also despite Etherington having a good season with Stoke I think a move for him would be a step backwards.

And we end up £25m up on the summer's midfield transactions... Surely that's transfer genius?

To the sensible crowd its excellent business mate, but you know what VT has been like lately.....

You honestly think that midfield would be top half in the permier league?

What happens when we get an injury? Or if Ireland doesn't regain form? Or if Makoun doesn't adapt to the premier league?

We are looking ver very shaky as a squad going into this season.

if, if, if......

If my auntie had a cock she'd be my uncle......

Eurosport

Premier League - Villa to win N'Zogbia race

Thu, 14 Jul 15:48:00 2011

Aston Villa appear to have won the battle to sign winger Charles N'Zogbia after Newcastle admitted they would not be re-signing their former player.

Premier League - Villa to win N'Zogbia race

Related Links

Villa have targeted N'Zogbia as a replacement for Stewart Downing, who has arrived in Liverpool to finalise his £20 million move to Merseyside.

It is reported that Villa have offered £9 million for the France international, who joined Wigan for £6 million when leaving Newcastle in February 2009.

The Magpies were hoping to convince N'Zogbia to return to Tyneside but manager Alan Pardew says he has missed out on the midfielder.

“I am told that Charles has got an imminent move, so I don't think that will be us,” Pardew said.

The Newcastle manager also denied that Chelsea have been in contact regarding a possible move for Cheik Tiote.

The midfielder had been mentioned as a possible replacement for Michael Essien, who has been sidelined for six months with a knee injury.

Pardew said: "There has been no communication with Chelsea."

Our midfield wont look like that because it would be penetrated more often than Libyan airspace.

Like Jordan playing hard to get.

Agreed. A midfield of N'Zogbia Ireland Makoun and Albrighton, especially given the Prem showings in our colours for the CM pair, would have the resilience of wet tissue paper. Makoun hasn't shown himself to be the player I saw play in the French league, and Ireland is both mental and on last seasons showing, not interested in tussling for anything.

I wouldn't be too confident going into the new season with that midfield. Ireland's mad, Makoun's hardly pulled up any trees and Albrighton's a lightweight who goes missing for half a season.

We need to spend serious cash if don't want another season like last.

Abso-****-lutely.

£25m in Randy's bank account isn't going to put the crosses in for Darren Bent or win the ball in centre mid.

Our midfield has been pillaged this summer :(

Abso-****-lutely.

Sorry but that midfield would get pillaged from pillar to post every week without fail.

Would need a dedicated defensive midfielder to make that work.

That formation looks a bit powderpuff but i think in terms of players in and the money will will still have burning a hole in our back pocket, all things considered, will be bloody good business

There is no way we would get Johnson, Milner or any other English player from Man City come to that. Cook said recently they are workin gwith Uefa to make sure they comply to the new ruling, one of these rules being English born players.

You only have to look who is leaving them, Boateng, Tevez, Viera etc...

There is 0% chance of getting them.

The only two that may leave is Bellamy and SWP - and I don't want either.

Lennon may be an idea, I can see him leaving Spurs, but I don't think we will buy another winger anyway, Goalie, Nzog, CB, and maybe a FB - that'll be it.

A few things:

1. It hasn't happened yet

2. We still don't know if Randy is willing to spend all of the money from Downing and Young (nevermind his own money)

3. Ireland has been awful since joining here and people are thrilled with him being part of the formation? Wouldn't Delph be more worthy?

4. We still haven't replaced Milner and NRC. All we have is playmakers. Centre midfield will get ripped to shreads.

I wouldn't be too confident going into the new season with that midfield. Ireland's mad, Makoun's hardly pulled up any trees and Albrighton's a lightweight who goes missing for half a season.

We need to spend serious cash if don't want another season like last.

I also think we need to stregnthen in other areas, Parker would be brilliant. But i wouldnt be displeased if that was the 4 that lined up against Fulham.

A Bent style "Here's £5m cash in advance.." would be my thinking too...

I heard it was £10M Gaz!!

You're right, it was 10, but 5 of it was non-refundable. That's my kind of ruthless transfer activity.

Blimey hadn't heard that bit!

Here's me reading on VT RL & PF were completely clueless when it came to signing players as well!