SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

Dave Whelan just on Talksport (here we go again), saying that if Downing is worth 20 million Nzog is worth 25.

I doubt we are going to get him on the cheap, simply because he knows we are desperate. Why did we not get him in before allowing Downing to speak to the Scousers?

I knew this would happen. The board are so stupid it's unreal. Whelan now knows Randy has alot of money to spend and will take advantage of that.

Dave Whelan just on Talksport (here we go again), saying that if Downing is worth 20 million Nzog is worth 25.

I doubt we are going to get him on the cheap, simply because he knows we are desperate. Why did we not get him in before allowing Downing to speak to the Scousers?

I think you'll find, the bid reported yesterday was not the first time we had contacted Wigan about CNZ.

You have to remember we don't do public deals

I was listening to that, it wasn't Dave Whelan it was just a Wigan supporter.

I knew this would happen. The board are so stupid it's unreal. Whelan now knows Randy has alot of money to spend and will take advantage of that.

Ellis was stubborn this lot is stupid.

Ellis was stubborn this lot is stupid.

Can you be a stupid lawyer/billionaire?

£25 million for a player in the last year of his contract who has openly stated he wants out. Bloody hell we got £16m for young and he was widely regarded as a better player than N'Zogbia.

Anyway what does everyone think the odds are of having a double announcement to coincide with the new home kit launch. Would be canny PR to have a new winger and goalkeeper (Given) modelling the new kit. When is the kit launch by the way?

I think you'll find, the bid reported yesterday was not the first time we had contacted Wigan about CNZ.

You have to remember we don't do public deals

How do you know?

Thought so

Ah was it? Appologies I was half asleep :oops:

I think im just looking for bad news now :)

I think when Lerner bought Bent he was cashing in his 'we are selling Young to Manure for 16 mil' in the summer card. In which case he invested and extra 2 mil from the coffers.

The money from Young was never going to be reinvested, we let a large number of players leave and probably recouped enough to get a goal keeper on board (remember Lerner could have just said give Guzan a go but he didn't).

He's also ended up spanking 3 -5 mil (depending on which paper you believe) mil on getting new manager and back room staff.

The Downing cash i'm sure is available to spend, but you can forget about anything else, Lerner is asking the manager to use what we have first, its a consolidatiion effort after a p*ss poor season.

He's realised as we all should that where once spending 20 mil in a transfer window would put you in competition with the big boys, now you have to look at 60-100 mil - to try and compete with the top 5 (cept for Arsenal who still aren't spending at that rate). Lerner cannot afford to bankrupt himself and the club going for Champions League football. You may all hate me for saying the above - but in my opinion that is where we are at, recovery and consolidation before re-investment.

Thought so

Ah was it? Appologies I was half asleep :oops:

I think im just looking for bad news now :)

I think a lot of people are.

Whelan has said N'Zogbia is worth £20m. He's also flat out said he has to sell him this summer if he won't sign a new contract. I think we'll get him for about £12-13m.

That wasn't Dave Whelan on TalkSport, it was a Wigan fan who just happened to have to slight Whelan sound to him.

I'm sure it we have waited this long to bid £10m, it must be close to or meeting their value.