SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

nzogbia is a replacement for ashley, not downing. if stewart **** off we need two wingers in, not the one.

Agreed, albrighton is not good enough to be our starting winger next season. If downing goes we need to go out and get another one.

Agreed, albrighton is not good enough to be our starting winger next season. If downing goes we need to go out and get another one.

Think that is extremely harsh on Albrighton. We do need more than two wingers, no doubt about that and we wouldn't want to rely on Albrighton all season so if N'Zogbia came in I would start with him and Downing.

However, when he played consistantly in the team, he was one of our best players, it was when he was in and out the team when he struggled more. So to say he's no good enough, I would completely disagree.

Why are people obsessed with friggin wingers?? I really think the era of two wingers is over at Villa Park for the time being. And N'Zogbia is not an out and out winger like Ashley Young, even though Ash tried to morph himself into something else this last year. I also think we'll see Marc Albrighton start many more games this season.

Think that is extremely harsh on Albrighton. We do need more than two wingers, no doubt about that and we wouldn't want to rely on Albrighton all season so if N'Zogbia came in I would start with him and Downing.

However, when he played consistantly in the team, he was one of our best players, it was when he was in and out the team when he struggled more. So to say he's no good enough, I would completely disagree.

Agreed, I don't absolutely bone off Albrighton the way some VTers do but he was still one of our best players last season - and he's young. There's plenty of room for improvement in his game but I think I'd prefer to see money invested elsewhere in the team FIRST, before we start thinking about another winger. We still have others that can play there.

We do need another winger yes, but it shouldn't be our utmost priority basically. Besides, Stewart Downing is still here whether he likes it or not!

I'm not sure I was out the country when we signed him but thought it was on Friday 25th July that we signed him.

Think you may be right. He was officially announced/unveiled on the Saturday though when we played Odense in a Europa League qualifier at VP, the game Bouma got injured, and he came out on to the pitch.

Cannot see this deal happening unless we sell Downing.

Liverpool will want N'zogbia if they fail in a bid for Downing unless they go for Mata instead which seems unlikely

I cannot see any movement on this deal until Downing's future is decided N'Zogbia has already said he wants to join a big club and with his dealings with blues he is in it for the money as well so if liverpool are interested we have no chance cannot see him choosing us over them.

Zog wasn't playing as a winger for most of last season was he ? thought he was playing that "in the hole" role that Ash played in for much of last season ?

nzogbia is a replacement for ashley, not downing. if stewart **** off we need two wingers in, not the one.

I agree and disagree with this, to a point.

We should have 3 wingers but, if Downing leaves, I'd rather have N'Zogbia, Albrighton and another youngster than N'Zogbia, Albrighton and another experienced winger.

If we brought another experienced winger into the side then that could halt Albrighton's progress and I genuinly think he is ready to step up this season.

I'd love for us to bring in another youngster, like Oxlade-Chamberlain, then we could play N'Zogbia and one of the youngsters. Though I suppose that leaves us open defensively, with kids constantly playing.

I like him and think there is every chance he could become a good premiership player but I don't think he's at that point yet. Last season he started well but looked truly awlful when he appeared towards the end of the season. We improved as a team when albrighton was dropped and downing and young were the wingers.

I think his crossing is a bit overrated and his only real trick is kick it and run which probably worked wonders in the youth team but in the prem it's become easily defendable.

Good to have in the squad and let him progress but he shouldn't be a regular starter:

Not sure about people saying Albrighton isn't good enough. There was a point before christmas last season where he totally made us tick, almost everything came through him and he bagged himself a couple of goals too. A few months out the team and people have forgot how good he can be.

and what if Nzogbia is the replacement for Downing only?

and what if Nzogbia is the replacement for Downing only?

and what if he's not a direct replacement for either but a player brought in that Alex McLeish wants as a component for a rebuilt side?

I would personally think N'Zogbia is more likely to be a replacement for Ashley Young.

If so, then I think £9M - £16M Ashley Young.... it's a decent bit of business.