SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

nzogbia is a replacement for ashley, not downing. if stewart **** off we need two wingers in, not the one.
and what if Nzogbia is the replacement for Downing only?

Albrighton.

so 2 wingers in whole squad

great.....

How many wingers would you like? I would rather we played one winger with a decent midfield...

If Downing goes, at least his replacement will be a natural right winger. If we buy N'zogbia as Young's replacement at least he will be a left footed left winger. I often got frustrated by the predictability of our wingers cutting inside onto their natural foot before releasing the ball.

If Downing goes, at least his replacement will be a natural right winger. If we buy N'zogbia as Young's replacement at least he will be a left footed left winger. I often got frustrated by the predictability of our wingers cutting inside onto their natural foot before releasing the ball.

Hm, yes, that or that they gave space for our fullbacks to go outside and make it very hard for the defenders in the other teams. With the right full backs, like we had in Walker, it's a very good way to attack. And I guess that ecen if we only have Albrighton and Downing/N'Zogbia the next season, the same thing will be done again.

What I am thinking with N'Zog is he can play either left wing OR in the hole if we fancy playing someone right under Bent. That way he is not necessarily a replacement for Downing or Ash, but I would say more so Ash because I think he brings the creativity and flair we lose with Ashley. Because face it, in the past seasons when Ash did not play, we looked lost going forward, so we need a signing to step into his boots, and I think N'Zog can do it, given he played a big part in keeping Wigan up last campaign.

I think there is a lot of people assuming we will still play with 2 out and out wingers - I don't think we will. Time for a tightening up of the side defensively and find the best system for DB - it might not be with 2 wingers

nzogbia is a replacement for ashley, not downing. if stewart **** off we need two wingers in, not the one.

Albrighton.

great.....

How many wingers would you like? I would rather we played one winger with a decent midfield...

Same here MMFry. The two wingers last season played so narrow (for most of it) that they may as well have not been wingers.

Albrighton.

great.....

You dont always need 2 wingers in modern day football, the key to a good football team in the centre of midfield, which has been a problem for us for a long time

great.....

What's wrong with that??? A lot of our problems last season stemmed from playing with two wingers.

I agree with this. We seemed to play better when having a front 3 rather than asking Young and Downing to get involved in the defensive side of the game. I think Gabby could easily play a bit wider in a 4-3-3. If we're going 4-4-2, we're going to need a more solid wider player as opposed to flashy wingers.

You dont always need 2 wingers in modern day football, the key to a good football team in the centre of midfield, which has been a problem for us for a long time

Exactly right. I don't think we'll be playing two wingers this season and N'Zogbia isn't a winger anyway he's more an inside forward.

Actually youre right.

Theres no need for any wingers thinking about it given the rubbish 8-1-1 antifootball formation McLeish likes to inflict upon ppl.

Well go and support Norwich or Swansea, they play nice football.

Villa have not played good football for a long time

There's only one realistic formation these days - 4-3-2-1. AKA 4-5-1, 4-1-2-2-1 and 4-3-3. They're all the same and don't require two wingers due to the fluidity required from any team to be able to compete.

There's only one realistic formation these days - 4-3-2-1. AKA 4-5-1, 4-1-2-2-1 and 4-3-3. They're all the same and don't require two wingers due to the fluidity required from any team to be able to compete.

Spot on, 451 when we dont have the ball, 433 when we do, thats why its important that our midfielders can defend. Hope Marc Allbrighton has been working on his tackles ;)