Arsenal buy Downing

Liverpool buy N'Zogbia

We buy Shaun Wright Phillips

Given the summer we've had so far, I can almost see it happening

Best case scenario:

Arsenal buy Downing for £20m +

We buy N'Zogbia & Parker & a have a little extra to put into the squad

Wigan buy Wright-Phillips

Liverpool put in a formal complaint because they didn't get Downing. Then they spend £40m on Matt Jarvis

Worse case scenario:

Arsenal buy Downing

Liverpool buy N'Zogbia

We buy Shaun Wright Phillips

Given the summer we've had so far, I can almost see it happening

Best case scenario:

Arsenal buy Downing for £20m +

We buy N'Zogbia & Parker & a have a little extra to put into the squad

Wigan buy Wright-Phillips

Liverpool put in a formal complaint because they didn't get Downing. Then they spend £40m on Matt Jarvis

It would be like andy carroll all over again, forgetting to put the decimal point in can really be quite costly.

I really don't think we are going to get Charles. We have taken far to long. Downing is going as well, it's all a load of crap really. :/

Sorry, I'm just really peed of cuz my team just came second in a pub quiz... Lost by a point. Grrrrrrr!

I would agree, but for the fact that I really, REALLY want rid of that ungrateful little prick Downing. Any money we get for him is an advantage.

Don't want to see him in our shirt again.

That is a prime example of cutting your nose off to spite your face.

It is obvious he is angling for a move, but I dont think he has openly come out and said as much (ala News of the World and Barry)

Ahem

:x

The Sun is reporting £20m for N'Zogbia.. that is overpriced if you ask me and i'd look elsewhere for that amount of money.

:crylaugh: That's one of the worst rumours I've heard.

Wasn't he valued at £9m in January and he now has one year left on his contract.

I'd say he's still going for the original price.

If that article is true........then Whelan has seriously lost his marbles.....A chairman who has come out and conceded he has to sell him now is demanding £20m....NO WAY!!! It just won't happen. If that's the case......Let Liverpool be the mugs that pay that for him...Knowing Liverpool, I'm sure they would...even though they are refusing to meet our valuation of Downing.

It does seem that we are looking to get Nzogbia in if Downing goes...That is madness to me.

As I said earlier...Albrighton is a great,great young talent, but the guy is still learning and needs to progress gradually. I have no doubt he will be a great player for us over the years to come, but he needs to mature and develop at his own pace. Let's not put undue pressure on the kid so early. We need to have two more wingers in place come the start of the season to help the kid develop and learn more about himself as a player and how to cope with the demand of PL football.

Dean Scoggins, sun journo, on twitter in response to someone:

Given should be by Tuesday. Parker top of the hitlist, money being talked about. N'zogbia in if Downing goes

Strange they're saying £20million for N'Zogbia though, this Dean bloke is saying £9million on twitter. Suppose bigger fees touted looks more exciting.

As I said earlier...Albrighton is a great,great young talent, but the guy is still learning and needs to progress gradually. I have no doubt he will be a great player for us over the years to come, but he needs to mature and develop at his own pace. Let's not put undue pressure on the kid so early. We need to have two more wingers in place come the start of the season to help the kid develop and learn more about himself as a player and how to cope with the demand of PL football.

Agree 100% with this. The way some people are talking they're expecting the lad to do the work of Downing & Young next season.

Arsenal keen on Downing but will not compete with the money Liverpool are bidding. Villa want to sell N'Zogbia to Liverpool as this paves the way for them to go get N'Zogbia. It will cost nowhere near 20m though, more like 10m. I Expect deals for Hutton and Given to go through this week although Im surprised we didnt go and get Foster, I guess money got in the way.

Like I said before, Parker is someone we are strongly looking at. I dont expect this to be done too quickly though. Palacios' name has been thrown into the mix aswell but Parker is no.1 target. One of these two will then line up alongside Delph in the centre of midfield.

One of these two will then line up alongside Delph in the centre of midfield.

I'm pretty sure if Ireland proves himself, he will also be playing a pivotal role.

Key word being 'IF'. If my information is correct, Villa are trying sell Ireland at all costs....Problem is, when you have a nutcase on your books being paid 70k a week, there are not many takers.

I hope he comes good though.