SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

I would absolutely love it (in true KK style) if whilst all of Liverpool's attentions have been on trying to prize Downing off Villa...we've quietly

gone about signing N'Zogbia as a replacement for Ashley Young... AND we keep Downing to boot!

They will not be a happy bunch!

I would absolutely love it (in true KK style) if whilst all of Liverpool's attentions have been on trying to prize Downing off Villa...we've quietly

gone about signing N'Zogbia as a replacement for Ashley Young... AND we keep Downing to boot!

I would agree, but for the fact that I really, REALLY want rid of that ungrateful little prick Downing. Any money we get for him is an advantage.

Don't want to see him in our shirt again.

The only problem i see with Nzogbia being an Ashley Young replacement is that he is VERY left footed, whereas Ashley is a right footed player who can rotate either side. I think it would be a bit unbalanced, would still love him her though.

I just watched Nzogbia's goals and assists from last season. Very impressive. Whoever signs him may just pull off the signing of the summer

The more you watch him though...don't you find he reminds you of Ashley Young far more than he does a Downing type player?

His Free kicks were great last year for Wigan.

Oh yeah definitely more Young than Downing. Just seems faster and stronger although more one footed. If he was English or played at a bigger club he would be a lot highly rated IMO. That is why the figures branded around would be great business.

Oh yeah definitely more Young than Downing. Just seems faster and stronger although more one footed. If he was English or played at a bigger club he would be a lot highly rated IMO. That is why the figures branded around would be great business.

Also perhaps doesn't look for free kicks and dive as much as Mr Young methinks.... Don't get me wrong I think I'd prefer our Ash, but if we can get him for under £10M then I think he could turn out to be one of the signings of the summer.

I think also he would be a good signing to link up with Makoun playing in midfield.

I just watched Nzogbia's goals and assists from last season. Very impressive. Whoever signs him may just pull off the signing of the summer

The more you watch him though...don't you find he reminds you of Ashley Young far more than he does a Downing type player?

His Free kicks were great last year for Wigan.

I would agree, but for the fact that I really, REALLY want rid of that ungrateful little prick Downing. Any money we get for him is an advantage.

Don't want to see him in our shirt again.

Well said. Especially the ungrateful little prick bit.

Only problem here is that you'd think while there was a chance Liverpool might be interested he would delay signing for us.

We could always try to play Liverpool at their own game and tell them they can have Downing when we sign N'Zogbia, then go back on our word when he's in the bag.

Whelan admits Wigan might have to sell N'Zogbia

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan has revealed that the club may be forced to sell Charles N’Zogbia this summer.

The 25-year-old Frenchman was influential in preserving the Latics’ Premier League status last season with a run of four goals in the last four games.

But this summer he has been linked with a move to a host of top sides including Liverpool, Newcastle, Sunderland and Aston Villa and Whelan has told talkSPORT this could force Wigan’s hand.

He said: “We have to sell Charles N’Zogbia because he’s on the last year of his contract. We can’t keep him if a big club comes for him and he does deserve a big club because he’s that kind of quality player.

“We would love to keep him and pay him what he wants to stay with us but it’s a very difficult situation.

“He’s such a great player and we are such a small club sometimes we don’t go together.”

Here are some quotes from Dave Whelan on TalkSport admitting that Wigan may have to sell N'Zogbia this summer since he only has one year left on his contract. I'll be surprised and disappointed if we don't make a real effort to buy him. He's the obvious and natural replacement for Ashley Young, and I think having him and Downing on the wings feeding great crosses into Bent (and with Albrighton pushing for a starting place) would make us very dangerous on the attack.

I won't be at all surprised if Liverpool want Downing and N'Zogbia. They are in need of wingers and it could happen.

The only issue may be that they are both left footed, although I don't think this is a big thing as they can both easily play on either side anyway. I hope we get N'Zogbia but I just have a bad feeling that we won't.

Don't mean to pop your bubble, but if all we forum users know about N'Zogbia through the media, then it isn't really being done quietly and Liverpool surely know more about this situation than we do.

They aren't signing N'Zogbia because they don't know about him, they aren't signing him because they have better quality players to be going after. He is our standard though.

Also, funny how most people are forgetting about his blue past and not Mcleish's. I'm sure it's just gingerism. ;)

Isn't this exactly what we did with Spurs when they wanted Young? We went for Downing whilst they were after Young, we then ended up with both.

With Newcastle and Liverpool sniffing around, we need to get him signed up pronto. He should be a priority IMO, along with a keeper. I think making a signing of his caliber will go along way to appease the Villa faithful.

For Christ sake Villa GET THIS DONE!

Hate to put a downer on this link but - maybe we arnt even interested in N'Zogbia? I haven't seen any quotes?? You should know by now we don't deal in public, it will be a secret for as long as it takes to complete or until the other team say something.

I would have liked to have thought we would get this one nailed down early, but maybe we just ain't after him.... :/

Hate to put a downer on this link but - maybe we arnt even interested in N'Zogbia? I haven't seen any quotes?? You should know by now we don't deal in public, it will be a secret for as long as it takes to complete or until the other team say something.

I would have liked to have thought we would get this one nailed down early, but maybe we just ain't after him.... :/

I'm sure Whelen will open his mouth once something happens.