SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

sounds like we need another LB then.. still have him here though.

Not happy that Warnock will be getting into the first team again but we'll see how he does.. Can't say i've ever been impressed with at LB ever since he signed so i'm not sure why that would change.. here's hoping McLeish buys a LB.

If we sell Downing as well and replace the two players with N'Zogbia

N'Zogbia is Youngs replacement. If Downing goes aswell, expect more signings.

Why would you be sure of that?

Because losing two wingers and only replacing with one wouldnt make sense. If Downing goes aswell, its obvious we need another winger in. 2 aint enough (Albrighton and N'Zogbia)

Or maybe im wrong. What makes you think we will only replace those two with one player? :confused:

I don't know either way.

That's why I said I would be happy with him if he is Youngs replacement and not happy if we are selling two wingers and only buying one whilst expecting the youth prospect to step up on the other wing.

You seem sure about what will happen but after the McLeish appointment nothing would surprise me anymore.

N'Zogbia = average mid table signing. He's been a consistently average preformer that will help us maintain our midtable status, BUT, instead of being 6th with Ashley Young under MON, we'll be a little worse off with N'Zogbia under McCleish.

McCleish I beg you to look further afield then these slightly below average mid table players. Europe is a big continent lets look there!!

Total rubbish.

At times he was devastating last season. Perfect option to replace young.

Great pace, good skills and can rip the back of the net out with some great shooting. Any bad points....of course which player doesnt but he improves all the time.

Yeah he has the stroppy git label, and it's all his own fault. But he's knuckled down, got regular football at wigan and is ready for the next step.

We are that step. Think he'll thrive here.

+1

In any case, I don't think McLeish has the connections or knowledge of Europe to find any real gems.

According to @GregFarrimond (who is wigans equivalent to Kendrick) when I asked if a deal with us and Nzog was close, his response was some way off.

He wouldn't disclose anymore that that, make of that what you will though.

N'Zogbia = average mid table signing. He's been a consistently average preformer that will help us maintain our midtable status, BUT, instead of being 6th with Ashley Young under MON, we'll be a little worse off with N'Zogbia under McCleish.

McCleish I beg you to look further afield then these slightly below average mid table players. Europe is a big continent lets look there!!

Total rubbish.

Great pace, good skills and can rip the back of the net out with some great shooting. Any bad points....of course which player doesnt but he improves all the time.

Yeah he has the stroppy git label, and it's all his own fault. But he's knuckled down, got regular football at wigan and is ready for the next step.

+1

In any case, I don't think McLeish has the connections or knowledge of Europe to find any real gems.

How did you come to that conclusion?

Total rubbish.

+1

How did you come to that conclusion?

Because he bought Zigic for £6M? :D

I think he's a very good player, genuinely.

Not as versatile as Ash, probably not as good full stop. But then not many of us expected Ashley Young to turn out quite as good as he did. He'll be every bit as consistent (i.e. not very) but he will put us some points on the board and fill a massive hole with a talented player.

Go get.

I'd be well happy with this one. I am genuinely surprised he is only 25 - I would have thought he was at least 28-29.

More in the Downing mould , in this I mean he is a constant 7/10 player every game, rather than a 9 out of 10 one game then two 5 out of ten games as per Young.

N'Zogbia on one wing, Downing on the other would be immense. Z

N'Zogbia on one wing and Albrighton on the other - I could live with that. Definately a good start whether it is McLeish, Mcneill or McFly in charge

I can't believe this has over 20 pages. We won't get him. We'll sell Downing though no doubt.

The board will probably buy a GK and that's it. McLeish will have to make do with the current squad and he'll happily obey seeing as he is Randy's dog. All they care about is recouping the money MON lost. It'll come to no surprise if they're discussing about the ticket sales (yet again) instead of discussing the transfers.

I can't believe this has over 20 pages. We won't get him. We'll sell Downing though no doubt.

The board will probably buy a GK and that's it. McLeish will have to make do with the current squad and he'll happily obey seeing as he is Randy's dog. All they care about is recouping the money MON lost. It'll come to no surprise if they're discussing about the ticket sales (yet again) instead of discussing the transfers.

Aren't you bored yet?

I can't believe this has over 20 pages. We won't get him. (Presumption)We'll sell Downing though no doubt (Presumption).

The board will probably buy a GK and that's it (Presumption). McLeish will have to make do with the current squad and he'll happily obey seeing as he is Randy's dog (Presumption). All they care about is recouping the money MON lost (Presumption). It'll come to no surprise if they're discussing about the ticket sales (yet again) instead of discussing the transfers (Presumption).

Aren't you bored yet?

I know I am.

No I don't buy that. Personally I think RL will back McLeish in the transfer market. I expect substantial funds to be available including sale proceeds. This will be RL saying I back my manager as I trust him to use it wisely.

Aren't you bored yet?

I know I am.

Ditto