Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

I think he has really gone backwards...He should be playing like Charlie Austin/Danny Ings by now.

Thats the level I was expecting from him.

Is Danny Ings the new Pele or something?

I really must be missing something with this kid, he scored a lot of goals in the Championship last season but so have a lot of players.

I thought Andi brought a lot of spark with him when he came on. Again many people were dissing him for not getting the last touch right in a couple situations. What I saw was him building those chances himself, so I don't blame him. Probably will start on Sunday again.

• Like 2

I thought Andi brought a lot of spark with him when he came on. Again many people were dissing him for not getting the last touch right in a couple situations. What I saw was him building those chances himself, so I don't blame him. Probably will start on Sunday again.

Agree. I thought he did well today with the exception of the pull back. He worked hard and got into good positions and really helped us to get back into the game

Jagged his chance at a shot and definitely should have pulled back for Benteke - he even looked up and saw it.

Typical performance from Wiemann: Gives us plenty of energy and movement but lacks a bit of touch and composure.

His energy is always there, he will always put himself about, but in the final third he just didn't come through with the goods once again.

As previously stated, he really should have got himself an assist and Benteke should have had a goal.

What happened to the Weimann of 2 seasons ago? Ever since his new contract he just hasn't looked the same. 2 years ago he would have had the awareness to cut back that chance for either of the 3(!) players waiting in the box. He got a few assists for Benteke that season in that way.

• Like 3

Mid table championship player

So you are saynig he is Charlton/Sheffield Wednesday standard,

Have you ever watched Championship football?

He didn't impress that much or score many at Watford (On Loan)

And if you are going on about Charlton standard. Igor Vetokele (Charlton) is a much better striker than Andi, so not sure what your point is?

Plenty of strikers in Championship who are better than Weimann and some include Callum Wilson, Vetokele, Jordan Rhodes..

Edited by Villan4Life

Mid table championship player

So you are saynig he is Charlton/Sheffield Wednesday standard,

Have you ever watched Championship football?

He didn't impress that much or score many at Watford (On Loan)

And if you are going on about Charlton standard. Igor Vetokele (Charlton) is a much better striker than Andi, so not sure what your point is?

Plenty of strikers in Championship who are better than Weimann and some include Callum Wilson, Vetokele, Jordan Rhodes..

A mate of mine was a team mate of Andi's at Watford and they all rated him.

If he's paired centrally with Benteke he'll score goals.

• Like 1

Yes he will. That's where he should play.

Players tend to have their favorite teammates and "partners", and to me it looks like Benteke wants to play via and with Andi, as if he believes Andi can make good things happen. I don't have an example to give, but it's just a feeling I've been left with when watching them together. I suppose it comes from some small choices Benteke has made when passing to teammates.

Technically he is poor and it hurts us going forward. With that said, he was brilliant in the 2nd half. His running got him in to a few good positions and his tracking back was absolutely fantastic. Ideally he shouldn't be starting every game, but the idea he's not good enough is wrong IMO. Give him a run in the middle and he'll be alright for us.

I don't understand the Ings/Long hype either. Long's had plenty of chances in the Premier League and never scored enough. Weimann is 23.

Â