Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

I posted the stats somewhere in this thread, but Andi's career numbers echo this season's. He scores or sets up goals when he is played centrally. I would love for Andi to replace Gabby.

So when WhoScored say he started the game in the middle of the pitch, his shooting works, but when they say he starts out wide his shooting ability deteriorates?

No, it means when he's played out wide, he doesn't have as many chances and probably struggles against quicker fullbacks.

At the end of last season he scored 4 in 8 with an assist centrally, 1 goal in 21 out wide. His scoring ratio is better when played centrally this season, also. Unless you happen to believe it's all a bunch of coincidences?

Changing position from wide to centre can make a massive difference to a player.

Having met quite a few footballers, I think the stats on the internet, official or wikipedia are 90% of the time 1-3 inches taller than the reality. Don't know why.

Benteke is legitimately 6'3, so Andi is about 5'10 if you look at them together.

benteke-weimann.jpg

• Like 2

Having met quite a few footballers, I think the stats on the internet, official or wikipedia are 90% of the time 1-3 inches taller than the reality. Don't know why.

Benteke is legitimately 6'3, so Andi is about 5'10 if you look at them together.

benteke-weimann.jpg

Mate, thats way more than 4 inches difference there. I'd be amazing if Andi was anything over 5ft 9. Not that it really matters.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 1

benteke-weimann.jpg

Mate, thats way more than 4 inches difference there. I'd be amazing if Andi was anything over 5ft 9. Not that it really matters.

5'10 to 6'3 is 5 inches, but what you don't notice there is Benteke is floating on a cloud of excellence.

The official website has him at 6'2" which is where all the other websites are probably getting their info from. I've seen some websites list him as 5'10" - which is much more accurate and actually probably correct. I've met him a couple of times after games and he's definitely around that height.

Another immense shift. Almost asked to play as both attacker and midfielder today - and achieved exactly what was asked from him. I particularly remember one break with Agbonlahor, Benteke and Weimann flooding forward with Agbonlahor on the ball. He took a heavy touch and lost the ball, but Weimann immediately tracked back into midfield to cover; he was a full 50 yards further back than either Gabby or Benteke.

His energy is infectious and also his downfall imo. He can't play centrally because he's too useful elsewhere at the moment.

Edited by Robbie09

I think he has really gone backwards...He should be playing like Charlie Austin/Danny Ings by now.

Thats the level I was expecting from him.

Edited by TRO

Â