Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

the first time i saw him was at walsall away this season, he missed from about half a yard in an open net under a 'little pressure'.

althought obviously that was one thing and he is obviously better than that, it stuck with me.

He did seem strong and direct though.

Weimann joined Watford two weeks ago and admitted the training is tougher than it is at parent club Aston Villa.

He explained: “At Villa we do not train as hard as we do here but I like the way that they train here.

“The players have told me Watford have always been a hard-working club so that is probably why.”

http://tinyurl.com/6gpmduo

Interesting.

If a little worrying that Watford train harder than us :(

Whats even more interesting is that our senior players were bitching about being over trained physically and they still arent training as hard as Watford.

Although Weimann might just be confused because he's been injured that he forgot what proper training with us is like lol

Interesting.

Whats even more interesting is that our senior players were bitching about being over trained physically and they still arent training as hard as Watford.

Although Weimann might just be confused because he's been injured that he forgot what proper training with us is like lol

Perhaps he means compared with the way we trained under MON?

Wiemann can't have done much full training under the new management as he has been out injured most of the time.

I think its a little out of context also, I would imagine, with due respect Championship football is very physical and quite limited in terms of technically gifted players. It will toughen him up and I believe that he is a better goalscoring prospect than the Fonz.

Interesting.

Perhaps he means compared with the way we trained under MON?

Wiemann can't have done much full training under the new management as he has been out injured most of the time.

I'm sure this is it.

• 2 weeks later...

Sent a message who I went to uni with who supports Watford. This was his response:

"Ben wrote "Hey Mate! Yeah i recon he looks like a handy little guy. Definitely not the strongest yet, he could do with bulking out a bit but hes fast n got pretty good movement. Will have to give him a few weeks to settle and see how hes doing then. A good buy for you though i reckon"

Not the most insightful but thought I'd share as he's seen more than most of us of him.

• 3 weeks later...
Â