Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Villa young star Andreas Weimann today signed a two-year contract extension and revealed it took just hours to agree terms.

The Austrian striker has convinced boss Alex McLeish to hand him a fresh deal which ties him to the club until 2014.

Weimann, 20, made his debut against West Ham in August last year but then missed much of the season with a serious ankle injury before being loaned to Watford.

“We started talking on Wednesday and I signed it today,” said Weimann. “We did a little bit of negotiating but obviously if I get a contract for the first team with Villa it’s great. I was happy to sign another contract.

“It’s great to be here, it’s a great club and it shows me I can be a first-team player in the next few years.”

http://tinyurl.com/3u6oan3

I have to agree. I haven't seen enough of him to have made my mind up about if I think he is good enough but I've seen enough of him to be excited about him and personally I think he is a far better prospect than Delfounesso.

He looked very good when he came on against Hereford and I look forward to seeing more of him, I like his attitude on the pitch and from the look of that interview off it as well.

I have to agree. I haven't seen enough of him to have made my mind up about if I think he is good enough but I've seen enough of him to be excited about him and personally I think he is a far better prospect than Delfounesso.

He looked very good when he came on against Hereford and I look forward to seeing more of him, I like his attitude on the pitch and from the look of that interview off it as well.

I like the way how he gets the ball, turns and runs at defences. Something i wish Gabby would do alot more. Defenders hate people running at them.

I like the way how he gets the ball, turns and runs at defences. Something i wish Gabby would do alot more. Defenders hate people running at them.

Exactly my thoughts.

He did it a couple of times on Tuesday and you could see him putting real fear into the defenders who had spent the entire game with none of our players running at them.

I like his hunger and I like how he on one occasion ignored the option to pass (he did see the option which is important because some don't) but went on his own and hit the bar. Not always the right choice to make but I kind of like that in a striker.

He just looks hungry and a touch aggressive which again I like, he looks like he will give it his all when he is given an opportunity. I think those are things that I feel are missing when I watch Delfounesso.

I haven't seen much of him at all, but the reports suggests that he might make it. I did like how he got mad at John Carew himself when the big man took a shot from a bad angle instead of passing it backwards to young Weimann who was in a much better psoition when we beat wham at home last season. I like that in a young player. Fearless and determinated.

Works hard, gets about defenders and is not a bad finisher. Then again I could be describing Paul Dickov!

He'd do well to have a premier league career matching Paul Dickov's.

Agreed, I very much doubt he will be as successful to be fair.

I think he is a far better prospect than Delfounesso.

one particular poster will be quick to disagree with that :P.

though i agree he is a talent, he looks like a fighter and the sort of player that runs and defenders hate playing against. Similar to Bellamy without the pace

Could go back out on loan to Watford :

One player who is on the shopping list is Aston Villa’s Weimann, with the club keen to sign the player either permanently or on loan.

Weimann also told the Watford Observer back in June that he would welcome a return to Vicarage Road but it is understood Villa would like to keep hold of the Austrian Under-21 international and will not loan him out until he signs a new contract.

http://tinyurl.com/3n8buh7

Delfouneso needs to go out on loan aswell imo.

though i agree he is a talent, he looks like a fighter and the sort of player that runs and defenders hate playing against. Similar to Bellamy without the pace

:D delfouneso is in another league to him

:D delfouneso is in another league to him

Championship?

Only kidding. Sure he is Delfounesso is like the genetically modified testube player created from the DNA of Drogba, Bent, Pele and Van Basten. ;)

Still he is no Ethan Moore.

Â