Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

I posted this 2 seasons ago and more so last season the coaching staff have more concerns about him than Weiman / Albrighton and Clarke they are not totally sure he has the desire to make it .

Ironically ONeil probably rated him more than KM does

Unfortunately, he did not rate him above Heskey :lol:

Its swings and roundabouts with kids though, and i still think fonzie has what it takes. When you say desire, do you mean the self belief within himself?

I posted this 2 seasons ago and more so last season the coaching staff have more concerns about him than Weiman / Albrighton and Clarke they are not totally sure he has the desire to make it .

Ironically ONeil probably rated him more than KM does

Unfortunately, he did not rate him above Heskey :lol:

Its swings and roundabouts with kids though, and i still think fonzie has what it takes. When you say desire, do you mean the self belief within himself?

The Fonz has got plenty of self belief but at the moment he doesn't for whatever reason stay involved in the game for long enough, he seems happy for the game to pass him by for extended periods then he will suddenly burst into life.

Contrast that with Weimann who is a pain in the arse to defend against because he will be in your face full time and muscling his way around while throwing himself at half chances.

I would say Moore probably had more natural talent but Gabby wanted it more
You're right, and Luke Moore was almost as quick as Gabby on the few occasions that he could be bothered to sprint. Well done to Gabby for making the most of himself. LM was a lazy big headed so and so who expected the rest of the reserves to do his fetching and carrying for him.

I think the point is we wont know until either of them get a run of games.

Albrighton never looked the player he is now when coming on for 5 mins here and there.

If they get the run like Luke Moore did and still do nowt then fair enough.

But if someone gets injured and Delf scores a few goals I'm sure we will being seeing a different player.

I cant believe some are liking Nathan to the **** Moore brothers!!!

Are we not forgetting he was given an extended leave beacuase he was on international duty over the summer with England?!?!

**** hell...talk about turning mole hills into mountains...get a **** grip!!!

I can't say anything about the lads desire (Delfoueso), but for me he is the most naturally talented player I have seen coming through our youth system. His pace, height, dribbling, touch and technique are all at a very high standard. Towards the end of last season when he got a bit of first team action he looked like he could go past players for fun, but also looked like he was trying too hard to impress and do something really special all the time.

Weimann works hard and chases down every ball, seems to have an eye for goal too, but he will need a lot more than that to succeed at this level. He's not tall or particularly fast, so he is going to have to rely on creativity and intelligence, and such strikers are the rarest breed.

edited at 16.39 on 03/09/10

I cant believe some are liking Nathan to the **** Moore brothers!!!

Are we not forgetting he was given an extended leave beacuase he was on international duty over the summer with England?!?!

**** hell...talk about turning mole hills into mountains...get a **** grip!!!

I don't think we can say either way at the moment. He looks to have more talent IMO though.

ANDREAS Weimann’s first-team hopes will have to be put on hold for a couple of months after it emerged he needs surgery on his ankle problem.

Weimann is among a host of youngsters tipped to make an impact at senior level this season after being fast-tracked through the youth and reserves.

But the 19-year-old striker could be out until October after caretaker manager Kevin MacDonald confirmed he is likely to require an operation.

http://tinyurl.com/3yskpre

• 2 months later...
ANDREAS Weimann will relaunch his bid for a first team breakthrough in mid-December after finally stepping up his recovery from ankle surgery.

The 19-year-old Austrian striker underwent an operation after rupturing ligaments during Villa’s Europa League draw at Rapid Vienna back in August.

Weimann was stretchered off moments after coming on as a late substitute in his homecoming against his former club.

It was a blow for Weimann who was threatening to make an impact in the senior side after his opening day Premier League debut from the bench against West Ham.

With John Carew and Emile Heskey injured and Gabby Agbonlahor only just returning from a groin problem, Gerard Houllier is short of attacking options.

Nathan Delfouneso is spearheading the attack, while reserve team forwards James Collins junior and Harry Forrester are on loan at Burton and Kilmarmock.

But, although there is light at the end of the tunnel for Weimann, Houllier admits he is still a month away from staking a claim for a first team place. “He is running for the first time,” said Houllier.

“He is allowed to run for one minute and walk for four minutes. I think he will be back in five weeks. It’s a shame because I was told he was doing well.

“I told him to go to see his family last week, which surprised him. His attitude is right,” he added.

http://tinyurl.com/2vha377

Â