Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

• 2 months later...
Weimann would also welcome a return to Hertfordshire if he is unable to break into the Villa first team.

Speaking exclusively to the Watford Observer this week, Weimann said: “I would definitely like to come back. I want to play for Aston Villa in the Premier League, that is my first target.

“But if I am not going to have the chance to play then I would definitely want to go out on loan again and would definitely like to come back there [Watford].”

Weimann made ten starts and nine substitute appearances during his time with the Hornets, scoring four goals.

His outstanding work rate helped the Vicarage Road crowd warm to the Austria Under-21 international and he was hugely popular in the dressing room.

“I enjoyed my time at Watford so much, it was a brilliant time,” Weimann said.

“It was my first loan so it was really important to me how the lads helped me fit in straight away and then I quickly became one of them.”

Weimann was speaking on Tuesday afternoon when former strike partner Danny Graham agreed a move to Swansea City.

The 19-year-old believes he benefited greatly from playing alongside Graham and admits his departure will be a big loss to the Hornets.

“Obviously Danny is a great player,” Weimann said, “He scored 27 goals last season which tells how good a player he is.

“It was great to get to watch him in training and trying to learn from him.

“Obviously last season he was a crucial player for Watford and he will be missed but if Watford play the football they did this season they will be alright.”

It is set to be a busy summer for Weimann.

A week after the Championship season had finished, he flew out to the Hong Kong International Soccer Sevens tournament, where he was Villa’s top scorer.

He was on a training camp in Marbella with the Austria Under-20s when he spoke to the Watford Observer this week.

Although he is now on holiday, he looks set to feature for his country in this summer’s Under-20 World Cup.

Participation in the tournament would severely disrupt his pre-season as it starts late July and continues into mid-August but he is keen to face some of the world’s rising stars.

“If I am allowed to go then I think it will be a great experience,” Weimann said. “We are in the same group as Brazil so I would love to play against them.”

http://tinyurl.com/645y2eu

Watford fans seem to have liked him too..

• 1 month later...

I think Weimann may have a lot more first team football this season, could be a useful squad player.

We might not have much choice as I can see him having to play on the wing?

I really wish they hadn't taken away that eye rolling smiley.

You don't honestly believe that do you?

I think Weimann may have a lot more first team football this season, could be a useful squad player.

No I dont think the wing but I can see him playing up front for us this season in a half dozen or so games

No I dont think the wing but I can see him playing up front for us this season in a half dozen or so games

Which would be good, seeing as he's clearly got potential.

DelboyVilla wrote:

Quote:

I really wish they hadn't taken away that eye rolling smiley.

You don't honestly believe that do you?

Ha ha this is like my daily dose of therapy!! Being miserable on here means I can be happy happy at work and home?

Like to see him playing a bit this year, with Heskey being shipped out (I'm led to believe Heskey is currently the clubs top earner), I think he has a lot to contribute!

Weimann is a damned nuisance to play against. He pulls defenders all over the place by his willingness to chase everything, and he loves mixing it physically in and around the box. He usually scores scruffy goals and is not particularly fancy in his work, but he is always looking to be involved and you wouldn't want to play against him.

Weimann is a damned nuisance to play against. He pulls defenders all over the place by his willingness to chase everything, and he loves mixing it physically in and around the box. He usually scores scruffy goals and is not particularly fancy in his work, but he is always looking to be involved and you wouldn't want to play against him.

even Man Utd or Chelsea defenders?

even Man Utd or Chelsea defenders?

I don't think it matters to him who he plays against. If you want to shut him out then it's a 90 minute tussle. I'm not saying he's near being the finished article, but he has the attributes if he gets to play regularly.

Â