Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

^^Watching Delfouneso in that clip, he does like to run with the ball doesn't he? He has pretty good close control at pace too. I would really like to see him play where Houllier shoehorned Gabby last season, out on the left or right. Just as an experiment...

................................Bent....................................

Delfouneso...............Ireland...................Albrighton/Downing

I think it would be good for the Fonz to get a few games on the wing, expand his abilities a bit. I remember being pissed when MON was playing Gabby wide right for a number of games early on but it really helped him become a stronger player improving his wide play, holding up the ball and crossing massively. Granted he had John Robertson instructing Gabby on that part of the game.

Didn't Burnley play him there for his loan spell?

To be fair the only game I was impressed by him last season was when he came on the wing against Blackburn and set Heskey up looked much more dangerous and gave the LB a right going over.

I think Weimann is the one to be pushed centrally out of the two.

Didn't Burnley play him there for his loan spell?

Yes, and from what I saw the less said about that experiment the better. :winkold:

What formation and style did they play?

4-3-3, usually, with Rodriguez up top, and not too fluid a front three. So a bit unfair on the Fonzmeister really, he was shunted out onto the wing and couldn't come inside too much to offer a proper goal threat.

• 3 weeks later...

I see us playing one up front for the vast majority of the season so on that basis then he should be loaned out rather than spending his time playing in the reserves.

Like many of the young lads who have been in and around the first team squad for the last couple of years the time is fast approaching where its time for them to shit or get off the pot.

When he played under MacDonald last season I honestly thought he looked like an amazing player, seriously mature and accomplished considering he was playing first team for the first time. I remember at the time I just couldn't understand why he hadn't been used before by MON. Hope we see this again when he comes back from the U20 World Cup with Austria.

Â