Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

How many is that we have let go now including loans?

Why does it matter? :?

If he's behind Bent, Heskey, Gabby & Delfouneso, he's not going to get much game time with us right now. So we may as well loan him out so that he can get some more experience.

• 3 weeks later...

Weimann didn't score against Reading yesterday, but the Watford fans are very happy with him.

Weimann man of the match for me. Where does he get his energy from!?

Hogg and wieman-brilliant.

Up front Weimann worked his socks off as always and him and Sordell always look a threat.

Doyley, Mapps, Hogg, Eustace and Weimann were particularly good

I thought Hogg, Weimann & Mariappa were fantastic

Weimann - 7.5 - Workrate is second to none, will run 60 yards and battle with two defenders to win a corner if he has to, actually had to come off after injuring himself trying so hard to score! he still needs gametime and a run in the team though, looked blunt today, couldnt get the ball out of his feet to shoot. With a bit of confidence and some match sharpness he could be a huge asset, to add more goals to his game would make him a superb striker at this level.

I thought Weimann was excellent, he just didnt look sharp in front of goal but you can see him improving in every game, give him 1 or 2 more games and I think he'll be firing on all cylinders

Weimann = 9/10 An absolute work-a-holic. Never gives up on anything. He chased down ever loose ball, made opportunities from nothing and won free-kicks where he has no right to. Didn't quite have the run of the green today when he needed it in front of goal, but his effort definitely deserved a goal. Got cramp again, but when you run as much as him its not very surprising

Also intereting to see how they rate Hogg, who they bought for an initial fee of 300 000 (would think we will get some added money as he seems to succeed at this level.

Hogg - 9 - Fast becoming one of my favourite players, he looks like a PL player, first touch is superb which means always has time and space on the ball and he gets the balance right between knowing when to attack and when the defend. Can tackle, can pass and can shoot as well, looks like a real bargain.

didn't know hogg had gone there permanently, i'm over the moon at that

Yeah, it will probably be a good move for him. Might continue the development and end up as a decent midfielder in the struggling Premier League sides in a couple of years.

Hogg - 9 - Fast becoming one of my favourite players, he looks like a PL player, first touch is superb which means always has time and space on the ball and he gets the balance right between knowing when to attack and when the defend. Can tackle, can pass and can shoot as well, looks like a real bargain

:( always rated him and think he will be back in Premier LEague in next 2 seasons

Hogg - 9 - Fast becoming one of my favourite players, he looks like a PL player, first touch is superb which means always has time and space on the ball and he gets the balance right between knowing when to attack and when the defend. Can tackle, can pass and can shoot as well, looks like a real bargain

:( always rated him and think he will be back in Premier LEague in next 2 seasons

absolutely no chance, he is too slow and has no football brain

I always thought if you can keep Man Utd quiet for 80 mins as Hogg and Bannan did you have to have something about you.

I don't understand the case for selling Hogg for 300k. Sure, he may not make it here, but loan him to Watford for the season, let him play and catch the eye at that level then sell him for a couple of million in the summer.

Glad Weimann is getting the games he needs. KMac put him ahead of the Fonz, and next season after a year of playing football should see him cement in his in the pecking order.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't understand the case for selling Hogg for 300k. Sure, he may not make it here, but loan him to Watford for the season, let him play and catch the eye at that level then sell him for a couple of million in the summer.

Nice idea but unfortunately it requires the player to be good enough to catch the eye as well as requiring that you pay his wages, or at least a portion of them. Also the player wants to be settled at this age.

Hogg is not and is never likely to be good enough for Aston Villa, I applaud him for his performances last season but £300,000 in the bank is a decent deal for all concerned.

^ What is your view on Weimann AC?

Don't rate him as highly as some people seem to. He is very sharp without having top end pace and he can finish, his best attribute is his willingness to get about the pitch and chase people down and he's willing to do it all day, similarly if he is caught offside, he doesn't get fed up of making his runs.

I can see him getting a few games at Villa but I doubt he will go on to be the star that some people hope and believe. He doesn't have the talent of a Delfouneso but he has got the desire and enough about him to be a decent level footballer, he also (certainly at the lower levels) has the knack of being in the right place at the right time.

He has done well to get a Championship club on loan without really having a great deal of experience so that stands him in good stead to make the step up if required. I'll be honest it is sometimes very hard to tell with young lads like this, if he plays 7 or 8 games this season and scores 3 goals then he is likely to be given more opportunities whereas if he plays a few and doesn't bag then he is less likely to get the chances here in future. Obvious as that may sound, players have to take the chance or there is another youngster a year or two below who will take it.

Â